In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
THIS RACE WILL BE CAPPED. PLEASE BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE ALL SPOTS ARE FILLED. WHEN 10 SPOTS ARE LEFT, SPOTS REMAINING WILL BE DISPLAYED
THIS IS ONLY FOR THE IN-PERSON BETHANY RACE. VIRTUAL RACE WILL REMAIN UNCAPPED
We asked and we listened! On behalf of Make-A-Wish Connecticut and Bethany Parks and Recreation, I am excited to announce the inaugural running of the Make-A-Wish Connecticut 5k Road Race in Bethany, Connecticut on March 21st, 2021 at 12 pm! 100% of all profits generated from this event will be donated to Make-A-Wish Connecticut!
The town of Bethany is a small, rural Connecticut town located about 20 minutes from the city of New Haven. Following along the beautiful and scenic roads Bethany has to offer, the race will feature a flat, fast, and all paved out and back 5k route starting and finishing at the Bethany Town Hall.
This race is being paired with the second running of the Make-A-Wish 5k Road Race in Coventry, Connecticut. By registering for both these events, a discount will be available! This race will be held the day before on March 20th, 2021, at Laidlaw Park at 12 pm. For more information on this event please follow this link: https://runsignup.com/Race/CT/Coventry/MakeAWishCT5kRoadRace
As mentioned above, these races can be bundled together! By signing up for the Make-A-Wish 5k Road Race held in Coventry, CT on March 20th, in conjunction with this race, you will be able to run both at a discounted price! Please see the bundle option above for more details! Does not include the processing fee and sales tax
We understand that the situation surrounding COVID-19 is fluctuating, especially now. We can assure you that we intend to run this race in person, but we will comply with all state and health recommendations and procedures in place at that time to make sure that everyone is safe while also having fun! We will be sure to pass along any information as it comes.
Please call or email if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We hope to see you out there!
Sean McHugo (Bethany Race Director): (860-970-8660) or firstname.lastname@example.org
Connor Ratte (Coventry Race Director): (860-942-2052) or email@example.com
Here is some information concerning the guidelines we will be implementing on race day for your safety:
1. Starting Heats-Heat Starts will be used for the race. The exact number per group will depend on the final amount of runners, but we will plan on having heats of around 40 people. To maintain a 6ft distance, three people will spread across the starting line with rows following behind them. The heats will be organized by time, with the fastest runners being in the first heats. This will ensure that runners are distanced as the heats should not merge throughout the race. Please note that timing will be done by chip. These heats will be assigned as you pick up your bib
2. Bib Pickup-We have been working with SoundRunner to assist in bib-pickups on Friday, March 19th in Glastonbury, CT. This will be at the Glastonbury SoundRunner store, and we plan to be there from 3pm-6pm to distribute bibs. We will confirm this as the date draws nearer. If you are unable to make it Friday, no worries! You will still be able to pick up your bid on race day at the race site.
3. Course-The Course is an out-and-back route that will start and end at the Bethany Town Hall. It is relatively flat and is all paved. There will only be three turns on the course:
1. Right turn on to Bethmour/Fairwood Rd off Peck Rd
2. The turn-around at the halfway point
3. Left turn back on to Peck Rd
For more information on the course, please be sure to examine the course map!
4. Post-Race-After finishing, runners will be asked to continue walking where some water bottles will be provided. There will not be an award ceremony after the race, but we may announce the raffle winners (TBD)
5. General-Everyone at the race will be required to wear a mask. The only time they may remove the mask is while running. They must wear masks up until the gun goes off and must put them back on after they finish their race. Extra masks will be available if needed. There should also be plenty of room for runners to warmup/cooldown safely
Of course, if anything changes regarding this above information we will be sure to let you know ASAP! Thank you so much for your support, and we are excited for race day!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.