On April 17th we made the decision to move the Spring Street Mile to a virtual platform and have cancelled the Life Without Limits 5k. All current registrants will be notified with refund options.
Virtual competition! Prize money for the fastest runners, plus age group awards including cash! Here's how it works:
- You will register online here for the cost of $10 + the $2.50 processing fee. If you prefer you can Venmo @Patrick-Byrne-42 with a note saying Spring Street Mile registration.
- Half of that money will support the MRC Track & Field Series, a non-profit which provides free track & field competition for youth, the other half will go into a pool for cash prizes to the top three runners overall, and the top three runners in each age division (male and female) in 10-year increments. 50% of the pot for the winner, 30% for second and 20% for third.
- More clarification on that - the money stays within your division. So if you are 65 years old and you register, your $5 goes into the pot for the 60-69 year olds. If say 10 people register in that division (a total of $50), the winner gets $25, 2nd place gets $15, and third place gets $10.
- You CAN double-dip! So if you're 50 and the fastest person in the entire field, you'll win both the age division cash and the Open (which is ages 0-29).
- MRC is sweetening the pot by adding $50 to the overall winner, $30 to second, and $20 to third in both genders.
- Age divisions are:
- Open (Ages 0-29)
- You go and run one-mile, any time between June 1 and June 30, any course, anywhere - so long as it is one mile and that one mile is recorded on your gps watch and uploaded to Strava or just on your Garmin app, or app of your preference. We encourage this to be a road course, and to keep everyone honest we'd like to see you run it on a certified course somewhere; however, that's not a requirement.
- You can run and record your mile as many times as you want, but only your top performance between June 1 and June 30th will count.
- Send us a screenshot or data in some other form that has your time, the distance, and the location. If you're among the super fast and going for the overall title, not a bad idea to get a witness or two; please send to email@example.com
- We encourage you to find the fastest course you can, but you must be careful, roads aren't going to be closed just because you're out running.
- We will tally up the results on a daily or weekly basis and keep them posted on the website and our social media for you to follow along.
- Total prize money is TBD by the final number of runners - encourage your friends and the bigger the pot will be. We will leave registration open until June 29th.
- Remember this is the honor system, no cheating! Any suspicions of cheating and you'll be disqualified without a refund.
Please visit our website for more information and details.