In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Vin Baker Foundation “Addiction Ends Here” 5k is a fundraiser presented by The Vin Baker Foundation with the proceeds supporting The Vin Baker Foundation. The Vin Baker Foundation is a nonprofit organization compassionately dedicated to improving the lives of individuals, families, and communities affected by alcohol and drug addiction and dependency.
***Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to shift to a virtual race. While we are saddened that we will not be able to meet together in Old Saybrook as we have in years past, we are excited and motivated to make this year's race the best yet, and we are "all in" on spreading the word and reach of this event to people all over the nation. We will be adding additional distance options to the list of events, so everyone from any skill level can join in. Please join us in our virtual races starting July 1, and getting the word out to family and friends outside of Connecticut, which will help us deliver our message of ending addiction across the USA!
*T-shirts will be allocated to the first 500 participants who register*
A NATIONWIDE VIRTUAL RACE:
Since we are unable to meet up in person this year, we would love to spread the reach of our Foundation across the country. Our goal is to have virtual runners representing all 50 states, so if you know someone that has been or is touched by the disease of addiction, please get them involved and make our goal of a nationwide virtual race a reality!
HOW OUR VIRTUAL RACE WORKS:
1. Sign up: It's quick and easy, and will get you motivated to get moving!
2. Run: Run or walk 1 mile, 5k, 10k, 13.1 miles, or 26.2 miles on any track, sidewalk, or trail, at any time between July 1 and July 15. Use your watch or phone to track your mileage. When you reach your chosen distance, stop and note your time.
3. Record: From your device or computer, log into your profile on RunSignup.com and click on the results tab. Post your results or just record that you finished. (Since people will be using different courses, the results are just for fun and personal accomplishment.) Results must be posted by July 15 at 8PM.
4. Share: Post your selfies or route on social media and use hashtags #vinbaker5k or #addictionendshere5k so we can track your post.
***All participants who record or post their results are eligible for the giveaways.
- Entry into the Addiction Ends Here race of your choice
- Race Day T-shirt or similar T-shirt*
- Official Addiction Ends Here Finisher medal*
- A video message from our Founder, Vin Baker
- A chance to win some awesome prizes when you share your run/walk photo & video on Instagram using #addictionendshere5k & #vinbaker5k
*Subject to availability
If you have any questions about this 5k, click the button below.Questions?
Join this event and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your 5k experience.