If you want to bring your four-legged friend to Oktoberfest, you can, but there are rules. Enforcement of these rules is at the complete discretion of ownership, and failure to obey these rules may result in you and your furry buddy being shown an early exit:
- You must pick up after your dog.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times.
- Owners must be able to control their dogs (A 98lb owner being towed like a water-skier behind a 250lb mastiff can present problems, even if the dog is friendly).
- Dogs must be well-socialized. If your dog behaves in a threatening manner, or is otherwise perceived to present a danger to patrons or other dogs, you may be asked to leave.
- Given that Cleveland Oktoberfest plays host to the Wiener Dog Races, doxies may be exempt from the “threatening manner” bit, as they tend to behave in a threatening manner toward everything. If you plan on bringing a non-doxie, bear in mind that your dog will be yapped at by lots of doxies, so only bring your pup if they can remain calm in a sometimes frenzied environment. It can also get hot at Oktoberfest, so please make provisions to keep your dog cool and well-hydrated.