Georgetown Ministry Center and the Georgetown University Center for Social Justice are teaming up to to host the annual Georgetown 5k Race Against Homeless. Join us in our cause to end homelessness one person at a time by coming out to participate in our 2k walk or 5k race on Saturday, October 17, 2015. After the walk/race, stay for a cookout, music, and family-friendly activities!
- 9:30 am - 2k walk and 5k race begin
- 11:00 am - post-race celebration with food and music
Pre-registered walkers/runners will receive a t-shirt, swag bag, and access to pre-race snacks. The age discount, based on the runner's race day age, should automatically be calculated during check out. Please let us know if it isn't.
We will be adding details to our event page before registration opens, so please check back often to learn more about this race!
Washington, DC US 20007
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
How much is registration?
- Advanced registration (through October 16, 2015): $10 for people 22 years and younger. $20 for people 23 years and up.
- Day-of registration (October 17, 2015): registration increases by $5 for each age group ($15 and $25)
- The age-based price should automatically be applied at checkout and is calculated on a runner's race day age.
What does the price of registration include?
- The registration fee allows you to participate in our walk/run. There will be pre-race snacks and food during the cookout after the race/walk for all.
Where can I park?
On Sundays, street parking is free. There is also parking available at the Southwest Quad Garage off of Canal Road.
Our 5K route will take us from the center of Georgetown University's campus out to the C&O Canal Towpath and back. See map for details!
Please arrive between 8:45 am and 9:25 am - the first wave of runners will depart shortly after 9:30 am and all participants must check in before then to receive their race bib.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.