In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The COVID-19 virus is negatively affecting people all over the world including our friends in the Dewey Beach service industry. Yes, the people that work so hard to make our summers so much fun have had their income negatively affected due to the mandatory restaurant and bar closures. But, we CAN make a difference!!! It's easy, it's fun and it's conducive to doing alone as you practice "social distancing."
You will “VIRTUALLY” be touring the streets of Dewey Beach passing all the establishments where our service industry friends work. You will start by the Starboard, run south along the bay side of Coastal Highway all the way down to Mez*Cali. Then, cross over to the ocean side of Coastal Highway and run north all the way to Dewey Beer Co. That is the one mile Dewey Loop. (see map below) You could stop your "bar crawl" there or cross back over to the bay side and do the Dewey Loop again for the 2 mile...and again for the 5K!!! YOU decide how many Dewey loops to complete based on these 3 distance options:
Ø 5K Run - 3 fun-packed loops
Ø 2 Mile Walk - 2 scenic loops
Ø 1 Mile Crawl - 1 loop "Bar Crawl"
*** If you just want to donate, that is wonderful... just hit the Donate button above.
***Participants who donate $20 or more will receive a coupon sheet consisting of ten 25% off coupons that can be used at each of the DBP members (Listed below) benefiting from this event. Details of coupon distribution will be available soon.
Do your Virtual Run/Walk/Crawl:
- Complete Your Chosen Distance…Run/Walk/Crawl any course matching your distance at any time between when you register and 11:59PM EDT on May 4th, 2020. It can be outside on a road, path, track or anywhere you choose. You can also do it indoors on a treadmill. It’s your choice…make it as fun as you would like because Dewey is all about fun!!!
- Take pictures and/or short videos to commemorate you run/walk/crawl and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org The photos will be compiled and made available on social media.
Submit Your Time (5K Only):
- It’s easy...click here to enter your 5K time: Time Entry
See how your 5K time compared to others:
- On May 5th, 2020 all results will be final. Check here to view them: Results
- You will also be able to obtain a finishers certificate that can be printed and displayed proudly next to your favorite race medals and trophies
The people you will be supporting with your generosity are the Servers & Bartenders (tipped only) from these 10 members of the Dewey Business Partnership:
There is no set charge for the event but you will have the opportunity to donate any amount which you feel comfortable. Please be generous and do your part to help....generosity will be rewarded. More info to follow...
Also...a fun post-event virtual party is being planned for all those who participate. Kristen & The Noise Acoustic will perform online live from The Starboard's deck via Facebook Live. A fun way to get a taste of Dewey Beach, and end this generous effort to support our own here in Dewey Beach.
So, sign up, complete your distance, and get ready to party! The Dewey restaurant and bar staff thank you!
NOTE: As a reminder, due to CDC guidelines on social distancing and for safety reasons, you should complete your virtual run/walk/crawl in your neighborhood, local running route, or on a treadmill. Please don't travel to locations outside you local area to complete it.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.