Additional race information can be found at http://seashorestriders.com
1 Cupula Park; Millsboro, DE 19966
- Join the Seashore Striders for one of the oldest 5k races in lower Delaware- The 40th Dam Mill 5k. The 9th event in the popular Seashore Strider Championship Series, this year's 40th anniversary will give runners and walkers another great event in the series.
- Nicknamed "The Best Little Race in Delaware"
- 1 Cupula Park; Millsboro, DE. 19966
- $25.00 "EARLY BIRD" Race Registration through Sunday, July 16th at midnight
- $30.00 "RACE WEEK" Race Registration through Friday, July 21st at 10 pm
- $35.00 "RACE DAY" Race Registration from 6:00 am - 7:30 am on site
2 WAYS TO REGISTER FOR A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT
- ONLINE REGISTRATION through RUNSIGNUP here at this site.
- "The easiest & most popular way to register for Seashore Strider events.
- MAIL-IN REGISTRATION...form can be downloaded from SeashoreStriders.com on the Race for the 40th Dam Mill 5k Page. Please fill out the form completely & neatly, double checking Age, Gender, Entry Fee Price (some events have different fees) & Event Choice.
- Mail completed paper registration to: Seashore Striders; 9 Gander Lane, Lewes, DE. 19958
- Please mail by Monday of Race Week to be guaranteed an event t-shirt/swag.
- Make checks payable to “Seashore Striders”
- The Millsboro Fire Department
- Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.
- The 40th Dam Mill 5k is a flat & fast course through the Town of Millsboro.
- COURSE ETIQUETTE
- ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO RUN ON THE COURSE THAT IS MARKED WITH ARROWS AND CONES.
- PLEASE STAY ON THE ROAD WHERE IT IS MARKED AND POLICE ARE STATIONED
- DO NOT RACE ON THE SIDEWALK, RUN THROUGH PRIVATE PROPERTY, OR RUN ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD. IN MOST CASES YOU SHOULD BE RACING WITH TRAFFIC. (FOR EXAMPLE, IF THE COURSE IS MARKED WITH ARROWS & CONES SO RUNNERS ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF WILMINGTON AND CHRISTIAN STREETS, THEN NO RUNNER SHOULD BE ON THE LEFT SIDE FACING TRAFFIC). ALSO, WHEN THE RACE IS DIRECTED AROUND A CONE OR CONES, FAILURE TO DO SO COULD RESULT IN CUTTING THE COURSE.
- FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RACE INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE EVENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER. RACE DIRECTOR TIM-SS
- SEASHORE STRIDER COURSE GUIDELINES: THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED IN A SEASHORE STRIDER EVENT...THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL PARTICIPANTS...RD TIM-SS
- BIKES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE ON THE COURSE RIDING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- BANDITS (NON REGISTERED) RUNNERS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE IN THE RACE RUNNING ALONG/PACING ANY REGISTERED RUNNER
- HEADPHONES/EAR PODS ARE DISCOURAGED WEARING IN BOTH EARS DUE TO SAFETY OF HEARING TRAFFIC
- THIS IS A TOUGH RULE TO ENFORCE AS 85% OF RUNNERS IN RACES LISTEN TO MUSIC AND THE RRCA RECOGNIZED THAT AND MOVED THE ENFORCEMENT FROM A DISQUALIFICATION TO MAKING IT THE RACE DIRECTORS DECISION. MOST RACE DIRECTORS IN THE COUNTRY EITHER IGNORE THE ISSUE OR TRY TO WORK WITH THE RUNNERS. MY STAND AS A RACE DIRECTOR IS TO ASK YOU TO NOT WEAR THEM AND IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST THEN ONLY WEAR THEM IN ONE EAR AND AT A LOW VOLUME LEVEL.
- Timing will be done by the Seashore Strider Event Production team and will be using the Chronotrack B Chip system.
- Finish line produced by “Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc.,” Post-Race awards ceremony within 20 minutes following the final finisher, custom t-shirts, custom awards and the induction of the Dam Mill Hall of Fame.
- Awards will be presented to the Overall Male & Female Champions, Overall Male & Female Masters (40+ yrs.), as well as the top three (3) Male & Female finishers in the following age categories: 9 & under, 10-13, 14-19, 20-24, then 5-year age groups through 80+. Awards will be presented within 20 minutes following the final runner crossing the finish.
33rd CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES INFO
- There is no extra fee to enter the Championship Series- just the regular entry fee per race...automatically entered
To QUALIFY for the Championship Series one must do the following 3 items:
- 1. Runners must complete one (1) 5 mile race (2 to choose from
- 2. Runners must complete five (5) 5k's (9 to choose from)
- 3. NEW in '23...Runners must complete at least one (1) of the following "Strider Be Kind Good Deeds" listed below sometime during the Series...e-mail "Be Kind Good Deed" to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer for a Seashore Strider Series Event
- Join the Strider Annual Challenge of 100 miles per month...visit www.seashorestiders.com
- Make a Donation to the Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team
- Make a Donation to the Event you are taking part in
- Help out with any "post-race" refreshments, making the event even better
- The Final series standings is determined by fastest 5 mile race and 5 fastest 5ks. Runners are placed in age group by their age on 1st race entered. Example: If you run as a 39 year old in your first 3 races and then turn 40 for your final three races, then you will be in the 35-39 age group for the championship series.
- Runners must register using exact same name for each race if they want accurate results compiled.
- Series Weekly Standings will be posted at www.seashorestriders.com
- Seashore Strider Statistician Tim Young.
WALKER NOTE...NEW in '23
- The Seashore Striders are going to add a separate 5K WALK DIVISION in five of the nine series events for this summer as a trial basis for the future. If participants show responsibility, fairness and honesty and WALK correctly by USATF Standards then it may continue in the future. If it turns into a "DQ fest" then it will not continue. As the Seashore Strider Race Director, I am not interested in creating more work for myself and I know I can not and will not patrol 3.1 miles of the course, but what I am interested in doing is providing an opportunity for those who simply do not run and would rather walk and still be involved in the event. That is my goal & mission with this decision."Race walking differs from running in that it requires the competitor to maintain contact with the ground at all times and requires the leading leg to be straightened as the foot makes contact with the ground. It must remain straightened until the leg passes under the body. Judges evaluate the technique of race walkers and report fouls which may lead to disqualification. All judging is done by the eye of the judge and no outside technology is used in making judging decisions."...USAT
- The 5 EVENTS will be the following:
- Fathers Day 5k on 6/18/23
- Firecracker 5k on 7/1/23
- Beebe Hero's 5k on 7/9/23
- Dam Mill 5k on 7/22/23
- Race for the Paws 5k on 8/5/23
This NEW Walk Division will allow a participant to qualify for the Championship Series by completing all five of the 5k Walks and 1 of the two 5 mile runs. The two 5 mile runs will not have a separate WALK division and you can run or walk or do a combination. Because of the longer 5 mile distance, you are encouraged to run or run/walk, rather than walk the whole five mile distance.
Awards for the WALK will be the top 5 male & the top 5 female in those five WALK events.
For the Championship Series Awards you are either in the WALK division or you are in the Age Group Run Division. You can not be in both and you can not go back & forth.
WALK QUESTIONS can be directed to email@example.com
- The Seashore Striders have a "No Refund" policy, however we make every possible attempt to please our client with the following options: 1. Transfer to a future Seashore Strider owned event of equal value before the end of the current year. 2. Donate your entry fee to the charity associated with the event or to the Seashore Strider Youth Running program. 3. Transfer/Defer to the following year at the same event. Thank You for your cooperation & understanding as some situations are beyond the control of the Seashore Striders.
- Tim Bamforth, Seashore Striders/Seashore Strider Event Production, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org
SEASHORE STRIDER STORE
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.