Men's Health Network (MHN) is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to reach men, boys, and their families where they live, work, play, and pray with health awareness and disease prevention messages and tools, screening programs, educational materials, advocacy opportunities, and patient navigation.
There is an ongoing, increasing and predominantly silent crisis in the health and well-being of men. Due to a lack of awareness, poor health education, and culturally induced behavior patterns in their work and personal lives, men's health and well-being are deteriorating steadily.
The goals of MHN are as follows:
1. To save men's lives by reducing the premature mortality of men and boys.
2. To increase the physical and mental health of men so that they can live fuller and happier lives.
3. To significantly reduce the cycles of violence and addiction that afflict so many men.
4. Energize government involvement in men's health activities so that existing government health networks can be utilized to increase the health and well-being of men and boys.
5. Encourage women to expand on their traditional role as the family's health care leader and activist for enhancement of health care services.
Trojan Track, Field and Cross Country Association (TTCCA) is dedicated to promoting health and wellness through running events, coaching strategies, and creating clubs for our community to be part of for healthy lifestyles. To date, TTCCA opportunities include
1. The Annual Trout Valley Turkey Trot held on Thanksgiving Day.
2. The Annual Father's Day 10K/5K Honoring Men's Health held in June.
3. Coaching strategies and team building for athletes that include: healthy organic eating, proper sleep and nutrition education, mindfulness, visualization, and overall well-being.
4. Our Shoe Fund which covers the cost of proper running shoes for athletes who would otherwise be unable to afford them.
5. Cover the cost to upkeep the Ice House facility for athletes.
6. Alumni Race and Reunion.
7. Four scholarships to graduating seniors.
8. We support area charity events. The TTCCA donates 500+ volunteer hours for local charity and community events every year.
The goals of TTCCA are as follows:
Expanding our mission to include multiple avenues for health and wellness including:
1. Developing a plan to offer a non-competitive run club for youth and adults in our community.
2. Support a USATF youth running club.
3. Partnering with area health providers to offer wellness workshops in our community.
4. Increasing college scholarships for local graduates.
5. Raising funds to purchase professional timing equipment to better serve our annual run participants.
6. Increasing parents and grandparent participation in our programs to build and expand healthy family lifestyles.
Visit: http://www.ttcca.org/ for more information.