The purpose of Blind Grace shall be to provide and facilitate the provision of services, assistance and other resources to the blind and visually impaired community in Louisiana regardless of age, location or other factors.
The focus of Blind Grace will be to provide the aforementioned resources through:
- Fundraising for programs which directly benefit the blind and visually impaired community.
- Brokering relationships with public agencies, private businesses and other entities with the goal of bridging the gap between services commonly provided solely by public resources and services otherwise not commonly available because of expense, availability or otherwise unavailable due to the sole source of such provisions.
- Expanding the selection of services currently available to certain blind and visually impaired communities where such services were previously unavailable due to lack of resources, and participation or due to isolated locality which has previously prevented the delivery of such services.
- Educating the general public, members of the business community and other potential stakeholders about the types of programs associated with Blind Grace that are used to provide the blind and visually impaired community with independence and self sufficiency.
- Create opportunities for the blind and visually impaired to empower themselves through independence and self-sufficiency in order to realize the socioeconomic gains of gainful employment, skilled traits, professional endeavors and other career opportunities.
Blind Grace is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2022 as a way to promote awareness to the VI community. Through experience, community involvement and professional relationships, Blind Grace wants to bridge the gap with creative solutions.