The Captain Mark Weber 3.5 Mile Legacy Swim
SWIM INFORMATION & RACE RULES
1. This event is sanctioned by the World Open Water Swim Association (WOWSA).
2. Each swimmer must wear an official swim cap provided by the race. Wearing swim goggles or a face mask is recommended, but not required.
3.No snorkels, paddles, wetsuits or flotation devices of any kinds are
allowed. Tri-suits and full body suits must be sleeveless. Shoulders must be completely uncovered.
4. Swim fins will only be allowed for those athletes competing in those divisions.
5. Swimwear must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding. Simply put, this would generally refer to suits made only from nylon or lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. Swimwear must not cover the neck or extend past the shoulder. Swimwear may contain a zipper.
6. Swimmers will be required to have race officials mark their race numbers on both their shoulders and calves. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY SUNSCREEN OR VASELINE TO AREAS BEARING YOUR RACE NUMBER.
7. Time penalties will imposed on athletes who are not behind the official start line 5 minutes prior to race start
8. Swimmers are required to stay on course. All swimmers will begin and end at the race start point.
9. The one mile event is an out and back event. Swimmers will swim counter-clockwise from the race start point to the turn-around point (indicated by a yellow buoy). Swimmers will keep buoys on their left during the swim .
10. For the 3.5 mile and 7 mile events, swimmers will swim clockwise from the race start point around the course. Swimmers will stay between the buoys and the shoreline, until required to swim across the pond. The route across the pond will be marked by yellow buoys. Competitors in the 7 mile event MUST be 15 years of age or greater.
11. A swimmer experiencing difficulty and in need of assistance shall raise an arm overhead, pump it up and down, and call or seek assistance. A swimmer who has received assistance, whether voluntary or involuntary, must retire and withdraw from the remainder of the race, unless such assistance did not aid the swimmer in forward progress. No swimmer shall return to the race if the official rendering assistance requests that the athlete withdraws from the race or receive medical assistance.
12. The 7 mile course will be closed 2 hours after the start of the race to complete the first loop of the course. After 2 hours, athletes will not be allowed to continue in the event if they have not completed one lap of the two lap course.
13. After the swim, athletes must pick up their gear bag they dropped off at the bag check.
14. After the swim, athletes must dress to leave the event. Changing areas are provided. Public nudity is prohibited.
15. Swimmers for the 3.5 and 7 mile events may bring food/water for the course.
16. Escorts will be provided for as many of the 3.5 mile and 7 mile participants as possible. Swimmers may provide their own escorts, and must identify the escort to the race officials.
The 1 mile, 3.5 mile and 7 mile events are an open water lake swim, and each athlete is expected to have the ability and fitness level to complete the swim event they registered for. Open water swimming is slower than pool swimming, and the first lap of the 7 mile course must be completed within 2 hours or less in order to continue the race. TCT7 will provide brightly colored swim caps for each athlete in their registered event. This cap must be worn throughout the swim. Prior to the swim start, an optional pre-race bag check will be available for each athlete’s sweats, shoes, etc. Items must fit into one back pack sized bag. Valuables will not be accepted at check-in. Theses bags will be kept in the bag check area and should be retrieved immediately after you finish your race. Pre-race check in will begin at 6:30 AM. You will be marked by race officials with your race number. Please do not apply sunscreen, lotion, or oils before or after receiving your body markings, as this will dissolve and distort your number. Your number must be placed for maximum visibility. Do not number yourself expecting to bypass body marking or swim check in.
Event Date: Sunday September 8, 2019
Start Time: 8:10am EDT
$60.00 Race Fee
+ $3.60 SignUp Fee
Price increases to $70.00 after August 28, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT
+ Show− Hide Registration Details
|February 24, 2019, 11:03am EST
||August 28, 2019, 11:59pm EDT
$60.00 Race Fee
+ $3.60 SignUp Fee
|August 29, 2019, 12:00am EDT
||September 1, 2019, 11:59pm EDT
$70.00 Race Fee
+ $4.20 SignUp Fee