Mattress Dash Rules
Racing Frame/Mattress Design
• Vehicles must measure at least 3 feet wide by 6 feet long, but no more than 6 feet by 8 feet – handles included.
• Beds must be designed with four functional wheels making contact with the road surface at all times. NO motors or mechanical assistance is allowed.
• All vehicles will be inspected prior to racing for safety and/or mechanical issues.
• All vehicles must contain a single mattress – pads are not acceptable!
• Racing teams shall consist of one rider and four runners/pushers.
• Racers must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
• All bed racers MUST sign the Waiver of Liability and acknowledgement of the Mattress Dash Rules and Regulations before participating in the race.
• Theme or costume attire is strongly encouraged; however, you must be attired!
• NOTE: Your safety is very important to us. All runners/pushers should wear athletic shoes suitable for street running. Accidents may occur such as falling down on pavement, scrapes, bruises, tripping, collisions, etc. Safety gear to avoid such hazards is recommended.
During the Race
• Riders mush sit or lay flat on the vehicle – no Teen Wolfing!
• All runners/pushers must be in control of their bed until it comes to a complete stop.
• Teams should not interfere or impede the progress of an opposing team. Flagrant interference is cause for automatic disqualification.
Prizes and awards will be given to the team with the fastest times. Additional awards will also be given for the following:
• Judge’s Choice – Best Design
• Greenest Design
• People Choice Award
Race Day Information
• Teams must arrive by 12:30 and check in at the registration table.
• Races will be held at the south end of Forsyth Park, and will be run down the center sidewalk for 75 yards down and back (150 yards total)
• Bed dropoff/staging will be by the tennis courts and basketball courts (use the parking lot to drop off/pick up)
• Teams must check in at the registration table and provide signed waivers for each team member. Teams can pick up t-shirts at the registration table.
• Beds will be inspected for safety and design compliance prior to being allowed to race
• Scores/times will be posted by the judges table after each race.
• Judges’ decisions/rulings will be final.
Start Time: 1:00pm EDT
Online Registration is Closed
Online Registration has Ended.