The 4th Annual Chili Cook Off will be held during the post race activities and award ceremony. All run/walkers will judge the chili by voting for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. Enter your pot of chili and compete to win $25, $50, or $100.
Entry is free as it provides food for the 5K & 3K participants.
1. We are looking for “The Best Chili” whether you choose to enter Hot and Spicy or Home-style. Chili must be home made.
2. You may enter only one chili. Entries must be received by 5 pm on Saturday, April 11, 2020.
3. Set up is from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm at the Peaks of Otter Winery. Judging begins at 5:30 pm by race participants.
4. Chili must be hot and ready for the tasting by 5:30pm. It must be prepared off premises. A minimum of 1 large electric roaster/crock pot of chili must be provided.
5. The Blossom to Bottle event is responsible for providing 2-3-ounce plastic containers, napkins, and spoons for sampling.
6. Race participants will be admitted for tasting beginning at 5:30pm. We will provide you a space to set up your chili with electricity available. Also, we will provide ballot cards for voting and an assigned number for your chili.
7. Contestants are responsible for supplying all cooking utensils, extension cord, ingredients that describe your chili. Decorations and name of chili is advised.
8. Contestants must be willing to taste their own chili.
9. Prizes will be awarded for 1st ($100), 2nd ($50), and 3rd ($25) place. People’s choice will decide.
10. Prizes for the chili will be based on the number of race participant votes.
Event Date: Saturday April 17, 2021
Start Time: 6:00pm EDT
End Time: 8:00pm EDT
Registration Limit: 24 spots left.