In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.prstriclub.com.
Ever wanted to do an Ironman but don’t want to pay $700+ to do it?
Come join the BLAZIN IRONKIWI Challenge presented by PRS Triathlon to promote awareness of TEAM CHM in raising critical funds to find a cure for Choroideremia and in support of Bike MS and their effort to find a cure for MS.
WHAT: BLAZIN IRONKIWI 140.6 CHALLENGE – June 2016 - 30 day challenge to swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run 26.2 miles. OR - Select the Run Relay option and just run 26.2 miles in June - a Team CHM member will cover the rest of your miles!
WHAT YOU GET:
• Race Medal
• BLAZIN Ironkiwi Swim Cap
• BLAZIN Ironkiwi Bag Tag
• Koozie and Finisher Sticker
• Virtual bib to print out and wear (take pictures and send to us!!)
• Access to the facebook group with some of the most supportive people in the triathlon community
• Entry to win some awesome prizes!
WHEN: You have from 12:00AM June 1, 2016 to 11:59PM June 30, 2016 to complete your 2.4 swim, 112 bike, and 26.2 run. NOTE* you do not have to complete each distance at once - break it up however you need to!
WHERE: EVERYWHERE. You can LITERALLY be anywhere and do the Blazin IRONKIWI Challenge!
EXCERISE MODES: Training for the BLAZIN IRONKIWI Challenge can occur outdoors or in any fitness facilities to which you have access. Specific exercise modes for each leg can include but are not limited to:
Swim: You may use an indoor pool or accessible lake/pond/ocean. Any stroke can be used to complete the required distance (e.g. crawl stroke, breast stroke, back stroke, or even doggy paddling).
Bike: You may ride outdoors or use an indoor stationary bike.
Run/Walk: You can walk, jog, or run using tracks, treadmills, roads, etc.
• To promote a healthy, doable challenge for endurance athletes everywhere! Some people are unable to afford or just don't want to complete a full Iron distance race in one day, so the BLAZIN IRONKIWI Challenge was created to give people a whole month to do a 140.6 distance event.
• To promote awareness of Team CHM and to raise critical funds for Choroideremia (CHM), an inherited eye disease that leads to blindness. If you are a competitive athlete, a weekend warrior, or just want to make your way across the finish line of your first 5k – joining Team CHM is a perfect way to raise money to End Blindness caused by CHM while taking on a personal athletic challenge. - See more at: http://curechm.org/team-chm/#sthash.B7FJdcM0.dpuf
• To support Bike MS and their effort to find a cure for MS. Bike MS is more than a ride. It’s an experience grounded in camaraderie and marked by passion, inspiration, determination and pure enjoyment. Much more than the ride of a lifetime, with each pedal stroke you’ll be helping us reach our goal — a world free of MS. See more at: https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/SPageServer/?pagename=BIKE_HOM_splash
• Register Online
• Use the online form to log your swim, bike and run miles.
• View the leaderboard to see your results
COST: Only $35 for early entry until April 22nd. $40 from 4/23 - 4/30 $45 from 5/1 - 5/20 $50 from 5/21 - 5/31.
PACKETS: You will receive a virtual bib to print out, decorate, and PLEASE take pictures while you're completing your BLAZIN IRONKIWI Challenge so we can post on the website, twitter, and facebook! All finisher SWAG will be mailed out within 2 weeks of the event finish.
Logging Your Miles: Once you have registered and paid your entry fee, you are responsible for logging your swim, bike, and run/walk mileage through the event website. To do so, please utilize the Mileage Log. Logging miles is, of course, based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles. BLAZIN IRONKIWI Challenge is about a friendly competition that challenges each person to reach their goal - don't be the person who spoils this.
RACE RULES: As stated above, you have from June 1st - June 30th to swim at least 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles, and run 26.2 miles. Log your miles online and watch the leaderboard for updated results. Keeping track of miles is based on the honor system, so please be truthful and accurate whenever you log miles.
RACE LIMIT: N/A - tell your friends! Challenge your friends, co-workers, family, etc. There is no limit on how many people can participate! This is all about honesty and having a good time.
Donate directly to our team pages:
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Donate directly to our team pages:
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.