The Myakka Half will be 5 years old! It's going to be a special day!
VIP Runner's Packages include your race registration and all the VIP add-ons. Parking next to the Start/Finish line, a VIP Only area where you will enjoy hot coffee, bananas, granola bars, oranges, bottled water, and VIP only Porta Potties. All for one price!
There are 50 of these for the Half Marathon and 25 for the 5K
Run or walk our beautiful, flat, fast and mostly shaded USATF Certified Half Marathon course or our 5K course. It is also USATF Certified.
This year we are adding something a 1 Mile Charity Walk that the entire family can enjoy. Take a beautiful stroll through the Myakka River State Park and help raise money for our 2 Charities. Sign up to walk for just $20 and you will receive a commemorative t-shirt and a custom participation medal. When you register we will set you up with own personal Fundraising Link where your friends and family can donate to support your effort. Raise just $120 and we will refund your $20 entry fee. There will also be great prizes for the top fundraisers! Anyone can sign up. After your walk, you will enjoy an awesome Afterparty, with food, drink, and a concert.
Saturday, November 9, 2019, at the Myakka River State Park
The race is being produced by My Favorite Race Events and Presented by Publix.
The charities for this event are the
Friends of Myakka River and the Florida Compassion Foundation.
Have race questions?
This will become your favorite race!
Our pricing is simple, the earlier you register the more you save!
Occasional discounts may be offered from time to time..
Protect Your Registration Fees
Get reimbursed up to 100% for an additional $8.99 if you can’t attend this event for a number of reasons, including covered injury, illness, traffic accidents, and more.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Insurance benefits are underwritten by Jefferson Insurance Company. Recommended by AGA Service Company, the licensed producer and administrator of these plans.
Your Registration Includes:
- Entry into your favorite race!
- Custom personalized Bibs if you Register before 10/01/2019
- Custom medal for all Half Marathon finishers
- Custom medal for all 5K finishers
- Accurately measured, USATF certified courses
- Paved course with 70% shaded by an amazing moss filled tree canopy.
- Extremely safe, closed course with substantial traffic control including cones and experienced course Marshalls'
- Extremely fast course. Our course record is held by Fredison Costa at 1:10:19.7
- Accurate mile markers; computerized timing/scoring
- 12 Hydration stations stocked with Hydrate, water, and friendly volunteers
- Port-a-Potty at every Hydration Station. You will run past 12 on the course.
- Medical Stations and Bike Medics
- Top 2 Overall Men and Top 2 Overall Women receive an amazing Prize Package.
- Awards for the top three in standard age groups in the Half and the 5K
- Amazing Awards for Masters, and Grand Masters and Senior Grand Masters and Veteran Grand Master for both the Half and the 5K
- Regular e-mails, providing updated information
- Opportunity to pick-up packets on race day and at multiple locations the week before the race or by overnight mail.
- GUARANTEED SIZE Ladies’, Men's and Youth tech shirts for the Half, the 10K and the 5K IF YOU REGISTER BEFORE 10/01/2019 Your choice of a Tee or a Tank for both races and a T-Shirt for the 1 Mile Walk. Sizes not guaranteed if you register after 10/01/2018.
- Finish-line celebration at the South Pavillon in Myakka River State Park featuring R Anthony Band
- Ice Cold Water and Chocolate Milk as you cross the finish line.
- Ice Cold Beer presented by Gold Coast Eagle Distributing Hot Pancakes provided by Publix!
- Hot Bacon provided by Boars Head
- Free Fun Zone for kids of all ages
- Great give-a-ways and door prizes
If you have one of the 75 VIP runners Packages (50 for the Half and 25 for the 5K) they include all of the above Plus your VIP BIB allowing you to park in the VIP area right beside the Start/Finish Line. You also will have access to the pre-race VIP Area featuring hot coffee, granola bars, oranges, bananas, and bottled water!
Packet Pickup Info
Sunday, November 3rd, 2019 from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM
Location - TBA
Monday, November 4th, 2019 from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Publix at the Shoppes at Price Crossing
1251 South Toledo Blade Blvd
North Port, Florida 34288
Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 from 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM
5434 Lockwood Ridge Road
Bradenton, Florida 34203
Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Fort Myers location to be announced TBA
Thursday, November 7th. Happy Birthday Kerry Stoppiello
Friday, November 8th from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM
Myakka River State Park. Start/Finish Line
13208 State Road 72
Sarasota Florida 34241
Saturday, November 9th from 4:30 AM until 6:30 AM Race Day
Myakka River State Park
13208 State Road 72
Sarasota Florida 34241
Free Registrations are not eligible for Deferrals or Transfers.
FREE REGISTRATIONS MUST BE USED BY THE ORIGINAL RECIPIENT FOR THE RACE THEY WERE INTENDED.
The last day to transfer a registration to another runner is 10/01/2019 at 11:59 PM - A $25 transfer fee will be required to complete the transfer.
The last day to defer will be 10/15/2018. A $10 Dollar fee will be charged.
There will be refunds.
THERE ARE NO UNOFFICIAL TRANSFERS OF BIBS TO OTHER ATHLETES. You may not give or sell your number to another individual. The other individual will not be covered by USATF race insurance if there should be an injury. The other individual's results may compromise scoring as they may be in a different age bracket than yourself. They will be disqualified.
We will exceed your expectations and give you an experience that makes you look forward to coming back year after year to run our race!
Parking again this year will be at the Suncoast Community Church with All Around Charters shuttling you to the Start/ Finish line. This year we will have 6 large charter buses. Please arrive at the Suncoast Church in time to park, load the bus and take the 8-minute ride to the park. There will be a $2.00 Park entrance fee collected before you enter the bus for all non-runners. This includes friends, family members, volunteers, sponsors and anyone not a registered runner. Runners will be a bib or registration receipt to board the bus.
Florida Compassion Foundation
A Florida 501(c)(3). FCF helps the families of Alzheimer’s Patients with expenses not covered by insurance. They show compassion when it seems there is no hope. Your entry into this race will really make a difference for a family in need.
Friends of Myakka River
The Wild and Scenic Myakka River
The Myakka was designated as the state's only "Florida Wild and Scenic River" by the Florida State Legislature in 1985. The act provides for preservation and management of the 34-mile portion of the river within Sarasota County.
Most of the watershed lies to the north in Manatee County, but the Myakka does not become well-defined as a river until its numerous tributaries coalesce near the Sarasota County boundary where the river enters Myakka River, State Park. Prominent among the picturesque features here are two lakes and the extensive marshes between them.
These lakes and marshes form an elongated basin through which the Myakka River flows.
The park is famous for its diverse wildlife. You can see alligators and wading birds from the park drive year-round. In the winter, ducks and shorebirds feed in the shallows as bald eagles and ospreys fish from above. Sandhill cranes nest along the water's edge. Twelve miles of the Wild and Scenic River flow through the park.
To help protect the river, you can become a volunteer or join the Friends of the Myakka River. Call 941-316-8139 or email for information or request a "Friends" application.
Please donate what you can.
Monies raised will be split between
Florida Compassion Foundation & Friends of Myakka River
Free BagCheck will also be available at the Afterparty.
Watch for additional emails as race day approaches!
This will become your favorite race!