RACE / WALK HAS BEEN POSTPONED:
- Hillsborough Community College has cancelled all non-essential activities through 4/6, therefore the HCC Hawk Run has been postponed and will be held at a future date to be determined.
- If you already registered, you will be notified via email of the new date and your registration will still be valid.
- All race proceeds will go to the Hillsborough Community College Foundation for Student Scholarships!
GENERAL EVENT DETAILS
- Race Date: Saturday, March 28, 2020
- 5K Run/Walk Registration 6:00 PM; Start Time: 7:00 PM
- MyLaps Bib Tag Sports Timing System (RFID Technology)
- 1 Mile Run/Walk Registration 6:00-7:00 PM; Start Time: 7:45 PM (strollers allowed - no pets)
- Visit our facebook page for pictures from past events
- Race Day Registration: $25.00
Your Brandon Hawk 5K entry fee includes:
- Glow accessory
- Race t-shirt
- Finisher's medal
- Post-race food (Moe's Southwest Grille, Panera Bread & Wolfe's Produce in Riverview)
- First 200 registrants guaranteed a t-shirt and medal
For 5K Run: Standard 5 year groups, 14 and under, and 65 and over. Certificates for top three finishers in each age group.
There are awards for the top three male and female finishers in the following groups (one prize per person):
- Non-students (1st, 2nd and 3rd Places)
- Masters (1st, 2nd and 3rd Places)
- Student participants: 1st Place-$250, 2nd Place-$100 and 3rd Place-$75 Book Scholarships
On-site during the HCC Hawk Run / 1 Mile
- Zumba Warm-ups
- Local Vendor Tables
- Health & Wellness Fair: Poster Session & Art Expo
- DJ with Glow Rave After-Party
Financial Sponsors: Suncoast Credit Union and HCC Brandon SGA
Food Sponsors: Moe's Southwest Grill, Panera Bread & Wolfe's Produce in Riverview
For HCC Employees with Humana Health Insurance
- You can earn 250 points for participating in the 5K Run/Walk
- Early packet pickup will be available outside the HCC Brandon BADM 101, 1st floor, next to Admin. building from 3:00 - 6:00 PM Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th.
- Race Day Packet Pickup will be in the Student Services Building parking lot starting at 6:00pm.
- HCC Employee Departments can arrange for packets to be delivered to their campus.
HCC Student Health & Wellness Poster and Art Contests
- Scientific Research Health and Wellness Poster Contest for Students
- General Health and Wellness Poster Contest for Students
- Health and Wellness Fine Arts Contest for Students
Prizes for each Contest:
- 1st Place: $100 cash
- 2nd Place: $50 cash
- 3rd Place: 2 Movie Passes
- Honorable Mention
Click here for contest registration.
Please use the parking lots on the South side of campus accessed from East Columbus Drive. Parking is FREE.The new entry, Nancy Watkins Drive, will be closed on the day of the race. Follow signs to the student services building.
For event-related questions, please Contact the Organizers