In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Although we have local progress in vaccinations for and controlling the spread of COVID-19, it is not yet sufficient for our local governments to resume issuance of permits for special events. We are converting the 2021 Paws 4 Heroes 5k to a virtual-only event. While we can't host the race in person, the need for resources to support our program of raising guide dogs for our heroes continues. We hope everyone will still participate and invite a few friends to join them in the virtual race to support this vital program.
Please note that if you registered for the live event, your race will be converted to virtual and we'll provide you with a coupon for the 2022 race to cover the difference between your registration fees and the virtual event fees.
We are working on the plan for distribution of race shirts and medals. Once we have that plan established we'll send that information out to the email address you used to register. Please keep an eye out for that announcement.
The Southeastern Guide Dogs MacDill's Paws for Heroes 5k promises to be a fun event. It features chip timing on an accurate, but not certified 5k course in a scenic Tampa (Al Lopez) park. Runners (and virtual runners) will receive both a shirt and finisher's medal.
The cost to provide a guide dog for a veteran with a visual impairment or a service dog for a veteran with post-traumatic stress disorder is tens of thousands of dollars, yet veterans receive these extraordinary dogs at no cost. All funds raised will benefit the Paws for Patriots (https://www.guidedogs.org/fast-facts/paws-for-patriots/) Program. On behalf of American heroes who have sacrificed so much, this program serves active-duty soldiers and retired servicemen and women with the respect and dignity they deserve.
NOTE: Please register by 14 April 2021 in order to be guaranteed a race shirt.
1. What if the race gets canceled because of weather or another uncontrollable event? In the event that we are unable to conduct the event live, everyone will be converted to a virtual runner and we'll distribute your finisher medal and shirts.
2. Can I register the morning of the race? No. The city doesn't allow sales in the park so there will be no race day registration.
3. When is packet pickup? We will have packet pickup at Fit2Run (2223 N Westshore Blvd #1411) in Tampa on (DATE TBD) and on-site at Al Lopez Park on race morning beginning at 7 AM.
4. Can I run/walk with my dog? Unfortunately, our insurance coverage does not allow us to have dogs on the race course.
5. Is there a finisher's medal? Yes, all participants receive both a race shirt and a finisher's medal.
6. How does the virtual run work? It is done on an honor system. You can run your 5k at any time and don't have to report your finish. We'll send out your shirt and finisher's medal the week after the race.
7. What is the race course? The race course is two loops at Al Lopez Park. The first loop is a large one with the second loop only covering the south side of Al Lopez Park. We'll provide a course map in race day emails and have copies available for viewing during packet pickup.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.