In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Bring your dog to the Palm Beach Kennel Club to race on the track in our 2021 Mutt Derby! All proceeds will benefit: Awesome Greyhound Adoptions, Greyhound Pet Adoption SE Florida, and Greyhound Support Transport. It will be a day of family fun activities, live entertainment, and trackside BBQ!
$20 Per Dog to enter the race! Two people will be required to handle your dog on event day. One for the starting line and one for the finish line. Races will be organized based on dog weight.
PLACE: PALM BEACH KENNEL CLUB
DATE: Saturday, January 30, 2021
11:30AM - Registration/Check-in
Noon - Pet Parade, plus National Anthem
12:30PM - First Race
Proof (tag or receipt) of rabies shot must be shown at the registration table. Dogs must be spayed/neutered, vaccinations current, and on a flea/tick prevention plan to participate in race.
CAN’T COME ON JANUARY 30? JOIN US FEBRUARY 13 OR FEBRUARY 27! CHAMPIONS WILL COMPETE AT THE GRAND FINALE ON MARCH 20 FOR BIG CASH PRIZES! Registration opens twelve days before event.
1. No professional racing dogs or aggressive breeds may be entered. Do not enter a dog you cannot control. Please do not enter vicious dogs. You are expected to have your pet under control at all times.
2. A limited number of entries received will be accepted. Entries must be accompanied with a $20 registration fee. We will call to confirm your registration. Fees are non-refundable after entry has been confirmed. Trophies will be awarded to category winners.
3. PBKC prohibits dogs from certain areas of the facility. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times and owners must clean up after their dogs.
4. All dogs must present at least one hour before their race times. You will be notified of your race time. Be on time. After checking in the dog and it’s handler, they will be placed in a large holding area where they shall remain until called to the race. Shelter and water for the dogs is available in this holding area.
5. Dogs will be categorized by weight into three classes. We anticipate four heat races for each class. Winners of each heat will be eligible for the FINALS in their class. An overall champion will be determined by a final race of the three category winners. THE PROGRAM IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BY in 3-4 hours. Please be available for the FINALS if your dog wins it’s heat race.
6. Failure to comply with any of the above rules will result in DISQUALIFICATION and we reserve the right to refuse any entries.
7. Owners of Mutt Derby competitors assume all responsibility for their pets. Palm Beach Kennel Club and all sponsors are not responsible for the actions of participants while at the event.
8. Proof (tag or receipt) of rabies shot must be shown at the registration table. Dogs must be spayed/neutered, vaccinations current, and on a flea/tick prevention plan to participate in race.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?