Join us for Cobb County's 2nd Annual First Responder 5k! Walk, jog, or run- in person, or virtual. This event is for all fitness levels. Join us at The Battery as we come together as a community to support our Cobb County First Responders. This family-friendly event will include first responder vehicles and displays, field games with The Atlanta Braves Blooper, and a performance from the Braves Heavy Hitters! Sign-up today and Run to Help Those, Who Run to Help You!
New T-Shirt! This year will include a dry-fit t-shirt with registration price. Must register by July 15th to guarantee t-shirt size and medal. This Event is a Qualifier for the PeachTree Road Race!
DETAILS OF EVENT:
- Packet pickup will be held Thursday, August 3rd and Friday, August 4th at Big Peach Running Kennesaw, 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Ste. # 304, Kennesaw, GA 30152 from 3-7 p.m.
- If you cannot pickup your packet prior to race day, please plan to arrive early on Saturday, August 5th to get your packet.
- Day-of registration will begin at 7:00 a.m.
- We are expecting over 500 attendees, so please plan to arrive early and give yourself enough time to park and walk to the stage by 8:00 a.m.
- Opening ceremony will begin at 8:00 a.m. sharp. We will have a special honor guard presentation and a performance from the Heavy Hitters, that will lead runners and walkers to the start line.
- Official start time for the run/walk is expected to be at 8:20 a.m., or immediately following the opening ceremony and walk over.
- Awards will be given out at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Please keep in mind the course is hilly. We will provide a water station at the 1.5mile marker and at the finish line.
- On-site activities will include: First responder vehicles and displays, Atlanta Braves mascot Blooper, family lawn games, and water fountain/spray ground.
- SELF PARKING at The Battery- On non-event days parking in the Red, Green, Silver, Yellow and Purple Decks is free for the first 3 hours! See map below for parking locations.
- Strollers and leashed dogs are welcome!
NEW THIS YEAR!! **Top Fundraiser Prizes!**
1. One the left side of the race website select the arrow next to "Donate", then select "Become a Fundraiser", fill out the form and easily create a fundraising page for yourself and/or your team.
2. Share your page with friends
3. The top 3 fundraisers will win!
Prize- Top 3 fundraisers will be able to choose the first responder agency of their choice and receive a personalized tour and "Day in the Life of a First Responder*" Agencys to choose from include: Cobb Police , Cobb Sheriff, Cobb 911, Cobb Animal Control, Cobb Emergency Management, and Cobb Fire
*Details of "day in the life" will be determined by the agency.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.
Show your support for our Cobb County first responders and become a 5k sponsor today! Click on "Sponsorship Opportunities" above, or download the pdf for additional information. Thank you for helping us serve those who serve and protect!
**SPONSORSHIP DEADLINE OF JULY 15th TO HAVE BUSINESS LOGO INCLUDED ON T-SHIRT**
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.