Statesboro High School National Honor Society is hosting the 2nd Annual Tulip Trot to help raise awareness of Parkinson's Disease. This year, there will be two events:
- Just like last year, we will host a Virtual Community Walk where participants can walk on their own or in a group, with no set time or distance. Just get outside and enjoy the exercise! Take a selfie or photo of the scenery and email it to email@example.com so you can be part of the Tulip Trot video!
- This year, we are adding a Community Informational Expo at SHS's Womack Field. We will have information and entertainment including:
- St. Joseph's/Candler Movement Disorder Center
- Dr. Patel, a local neurologist
- Members from Bulloch County's Parkinson's Support Group
- A local Speech/Swallow Therapist
- Mini exercise sessions from trainers at local gyms
- Live entertainment
- Face painting
- The last hour, participants are encouraged to walk the track in honor or memory of their loved ones diagnosed with PD.
Both events are scheduled for Saturday, April 30, 2022, with the face to face event from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Registration is $20, even if you want to participate in both events! Registration fee includes a t-shirt. Proceeds will benefit the Parkinson's Foundation.