ARRIVAL & CHECK IN
The 5K will start promptly at 9:00 a.m. Once the race has started, there will be no additional registrations allowed. We encourage you to follow these tips to ensure a smooth arrival and check in process:
- Arrive early. We anticipate more than 1000 people at this event. Provide ample time for traffic, road closures, parking and arriving at the venue no later than 7:45 a.m.
- If you are running with a team/school (and you have already registered) report directly to your team's designated area, where you will find your timing bib and race shirt. You do not need to check in at the Registration Tent.
- If you are not affiliated with a team/school, please report to the Registration Tent to check in and obtain your timing bib and race shirt.
Parking will be available at Downingtown West High School (entrance on Rock Raymond Road), Downingtown Middle School & St. Joseph Catholic Church/School (340 Manor Avenue). CLICK HERE to view parking map.
5K COURSE INFO
The 5K course is an out and back course that is fairly flat. There will be one water stop approximately half way through the course.
CLICK HERE to view the course.
WHAT TO BRING
- Your enthusiasm! We plan to have fun...and we want you to have fun too.
- Layers! It's winter - dress accordingly. CLICK HERE for tips on how to dress to run in the winter.
- GOTR / Heart & Sole participants & coaches: Please wear your program shirts (GOTR: navy | Heart & Sole: garnet).
- While snacks & water will be provided after your run, we encourage you to bring some water to stay hydrated before we begin.
- Your phone - for emergencies...and capturing the memories, of course.
FINDING YOUR TEAM
All teams will be organized along the perimeter of the practice field next to Kottmeyer Stadium, in alphabetical order. Look for the sign & bin with your team name. CLICK HERE to view the Venue Set Up Map.
- Be patient at the start line. Our chip timing ensures that your time will start when YOU cross the start line.
- Stay to the right when there is two way traffic.
- Do not stop abruptly - move all the way to the right and out of the way of runners if you need to stop for any reason.
- When passing the water station, grab your water and keep moving. If you need to stop, please move all the way to the right and out of the way of other runners.
- Pets are not permitted to participate in the 5k.
- Strollers are permitted, but we ask that you line up toward the back at the start line.
- Most of the course will be two way runner traffic, please be courteous of the space on the road when running.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Thank you for being a part of our 2018 fall season 5K. Our program participants have worked hard setting goals and training for this event. As a result, they will cross the finish line with an unparalleled sense of accomplishment - and we are thrilled that you will get to share that moment with them. From the moment you arrive, until the moment you head home, we want you to feel the energy and pride emanating from each child. In addition, here are a few other things you may want to be prepared for:
- The 5K will be chip timed, so be sure your timing big is affixed & visible.
- There is one water stop approximately half way through the course.
- Course marshalls will be located along the course for your safety.
- As you reach the finish line, please proceed to move through and off the finish line chute to make room for all runners. Do not linger at the finish line for other runners. Please ask your spectator friends/family to stay off the finish line chute.
- All GOTR participants will receive a medal as they cross the finish line. Wear your program shirt (GOTR: navy | Heart & Sole: garnet), as your outermost layer, to ensure you receive your medal.
- You can view your results 24 hours after the race at www.runccrs.com or click on the RESULTS tab on the left margin of this page.
- Should you have any questions or need any assistance during the event, please speak to a volunteer (bright pink shirts) or program coordinator (blue shirts).