Robert's Run / Manwill Mile
April 26, 2014 - New Plymouth, Idaho
Robert's Run Idaho 5k - Robert's run is a community 5k to help bring awareness to child abuse in our communities. This event proceeds go to the Robert Manwill Scholorship Fund.
Remembering Robert - Who is Robert Manwill?
Robert Manwill was an 8 year old boy from New Plymouth, Idaho. Robert disappeared in July of 2009. Robert was found a week later in an irrigation canal. His mother and her boyfriend were later charged with his death. Since Robert's death, the New Plymouth community has recognized Child Abuse Awareness month by raising funds for a scholarship in Robert's name.
Robert Manwill Scholarship Events for this year include:
Artists For Kids Auction
Friday, April 25th 6:00-8:00pm
No Admission Fee. This is a free Live and Silent Auction to support Artists' for Kids. New Plymouth Middle and High School students have been working on an amazing piece with the help of renowned metal artist, Pattie Young. Together, they have created a beautiful 8ft gate that can be bid on during the live auction.
Several themed baskets will also be raffled off.
Any artist wishing to donate a piece for the auction please contact Katy Belanger.
Saturday, April 26th 10:00am
All participants will receive a participation medal.
$10.00 through April 23 @ 11:59pm
Saturday, April 26th 10:30am
All participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
$20.00 through April 23 @ 11:59pm
"Day of" registration available for both events at the race venue for an additional $5.00
Events for this Race:
This race will be timed using a disposable timing transponder commonly called a timing "chip". This transponder is affixed to the back of your race bib. We ask that you follow a few instructions.
Please follow these simple instructions carefully.
1. Do Not Bend, Fold, Alter, Krinkle, or otherwise Modify Your Race Bib - Alterations may cause your timing tag to malfunction.
2. Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outer most layer of clothing.
3. This bib must be worn at all times during the race.
4. Not wearing the bib properly may prevent you from being timed and therefor being shown in the results.
5. Bib are NON-TRANSFERABLE! - Be careful not to switch with friends, family, teammates, etc.
6. If the race has multiple distances, participate in the distance for which you are registred.
7. Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
8. Have fun!
Results for Robert's Run will be available online. Real time notifications and updates are available in several ways. Sign up today to follow yourself, your family or your friends.
Email and Text Results Notifications - Sign up for email or text alerts of results postings.
General Race Rules and Common Courtesy Reminders
1. The course is open to the public, it is not closed on race day. Be aware of other users and dangers.
2. Please stay on the right and give a friendly shout-out as you approach others from the rear.
3. Obey all course officials and volunteers and cross intersections carefully.
4. Pass other runners only when it is safe to do so.
5. No roller blades, skateboards or bicycles.
6. Slower traffic should stay to the right and start at the back
7. Please allow elite runners to the front of the starting line.
8. Personal music devices are allowed. For your safety and for the safety of those around you, please keep the volume at a level at which you can hear those approaching from behind you and so you can hear instrcutions from course officials.
How to be disqualified
Littering - Please carry all your trash off the course and to the next aid station. Do not litter on the course.
Course Cutting - Please stay on the marked course for the entire event. Shortcuts or course cutting will not be permitted.
Un-Sportsman like Conduct - Please be respectful.
Finisher Certificates: New for 2014
All participants will be presented a custom digital finisher certificate to commemerate their accomplishments. These downloadable digital finisher certificates will be available after the event and a link will be sent to all participants once they are available.
Papa Murhpy's is generously providing pizza for all race participants after the event.
Each participant will be awarded with his or her own finishers medal upon crossing the finish line.
The top male and the top female from each age group will be presented with his or her own "Winners" t-shirt.
Male: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 and Up
Female: 14 and Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 and Up
Friday, April 25, 2014 - 4:00pm - 7:00pm
New Plymouth High School - Multipurpose Room
207 Plymouth Ave
New Plymouth, Idaho 83655
Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 8:00AM - 9:30AM
Packet Pickup and Registration will be available at the Start/Finish area from 8:00am-9:30am.
Start / Finish Venue and Race Day Parking
All venues for all our events are within a 3 minute walking distance from one another. This is a great opprotunity to get out and explore our great town by foot.
All participants and staff are able to park at a centrally located lot located at the corner of Maple and Plymouth Ave's in New Plymouth, Idaho. Parking is graciously provided by the Internet Truckstop in New Plymouth, Idaho.
Please park in any legal and available parking place at New Plymouth High School.
The art auction will be held at the VFW Hall at 114 Plymouth Ave. in New Plymouth, Idaho. Street parking is available at the Veterans Hall or at the near by High School.
The start and finish line are located at Kiawanas Park located at 200 W Ash Street in New Plymouth, Idaho. Please park in any legal and available parking spot that does not interfere with the race course. Also, please be respectful of the neighborhood as we are there guests. Additional parking is available a 2 minute walk away at the Internet Truckstop lot located at the corner of Maple and Plymouth Ave.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
New Plymouth, ID US 83655