In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Every third Sunday in October is our Annual Oktoberfest 5K Run and 1 mile Fun Walk! This run/walk is a fundraiser to support BN Sunrise Rotary’s Youth Services and the CCHS Rotaract Club. The run is a chip-timed 5k on the Constitution Trail from GE park, looping through Tipton Trails, and back to GE park. Blacktop trails the whole way.
2020 Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration will be available for any reason.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place at Fleet Feet Bloomington starting Friday, October 16th from 5-7pm and Saturday, October 17th from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm or from 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm at GE Park before the race on Sunday.
Start Time Selection:
• If you would like to change your start time, please follow these steps:
1. Click here: https://runsignup.com/Race/MyRegisteredRaces
2. Find the Oktoberfest Rotary Run and click "Manage Registration"
3. In the menu select START TIME.
4. Select your start time from the options available, and click Save Changes.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• The start line closes at 2:16PM. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• Due to Covid, at the end of the race you will receive water and snacks before you part.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
• Fabulous ceramic steins will be awarded for the top three in each 5k age group for those who run in person on race day: Top Male/Female Overall, and Top 3 M/F in each age group (14 and under,15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 34-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60+)
• You can pickup your award at Fleet Feet Bloomington beginning Monday after the race during regular store hours.
Virtual Runners - Submitting Your Result
An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning October 18th you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to Oct 18) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from Oct 18 - Oct 19. Final results will be available at the same link Oct 20. There are no awards for Virtual Runners.
T-Shirt only guaranteed for those who register by October 1st.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.