In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.mpzs.org/events.
This 5k run, 3k walk, and Fun Run (¼ mile for children 10 and under) is the first on the Lake Run Club (LRC) calendar for the year and is held in historic Miller Park, the surrounding neighborhood and Miller Park Zoo. Proceeds from the 2021 event will be used to expand the Children’s Petting Zoo including the addition of Mule Foot Hogs.
Goal: We intend to have a 2021 race. Our goal is to give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Pickup will take place: TBD
• Line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before your designated time.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at www.ItsRaceTime.com
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.