In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Tiger 10 Miler Covid-19 Updates (7/7/20):
We are excited to move forward with our race on September 19th 2020. We have been reviewing each phase of the restore Illinois Plan to make sure we can safely hold the race. At this time not knowing what the future holds we are putting in a few changes this year assuming we will still be in Phase #4 at the time of this year’s race. If state guidelines change, we will adapt our race policies to make sure we are in compliance.
Changes/Updates as of July 7th:
· We will be creating heats to limit the amount of runners starting the race at a given time. We are currently limiting each heat to approximately 40 runners.
· You can request to be in the same heat as another runner. We will do our best to accommodate requests.
· Heats grouped based on your approximate finish time answer.
· We will notify everyone as to what heat they are in prior to race day.
· Approximate heat starting times:
o 7:30AM- All Walkers
o 8AM- Heat A
o 8:10AM- Heat B
o 8:20AM- Heat C
o 8:30AM- Heat D
· Runners will have 3 hours to complete the race beginning at their heat start time.
· We will provide emergency water stations only. Runners should bring their own water for race day.
Join us for the third annual Tiger 10 Miler Trail Race! This exciting race will take runners on ten miles of twists, turns, and hills within the Byron Forest Preserve and the more secluded Nardi Equine Prairie. All participants will receive a custom finisher's medal, shirt and our unique age group awards go 3 deep in 5-year brackets. Overall male & female winners and also male and female masters winners will receive awards and a cash prize. Special awards will be given starting in 2022 for five year finishers of the Tiger 10 Miler. Those five years don't have to be consecutive, just five total finishers. This is a "cup free" race so please bring your handheld water bottle or hydration pack as we won't have paper cups at our three aid stations in order to keep our trails clean and be environmentally friendly.
Date: Saturday, September 19, 2020
Time: 8:00 a.m.* - 11:00 a.m.
Check-in: 7:00-7:45 a.m. at the Byron Forest Preserve Jarrett Prairie Center
- Pre-race: Friday 9/18 at the Byron Park District front desk 5pm-9pm. 420 N. Colfax St. Byron, IL 61010 Door #54
- Race day: packet pickup at the race site 7am-7:45am.
* Walkers are welcome and will start at 7:30am. The early start is assigned by performance is not done by or for convenience to competitors and Byron Park District reserves the right to decide entry or not to early start. 18 minute mile pace will finish the course in 3 hours. The early start is out of respect to our volunteers and hopefully will shorten the amount of time they spend working on race days.
Location: Byron Forest Preserve
$45/person before July 7th
$55/person July 8th - August 31st (8/31 is the last day to guarantee a shirt)
$65/person September 1st - race day.
*Online registration closes at noon on Friday 9/18.
0 - 14 Yrs
15 Yrs- 19 Yrs
20 Yrs - 24 Yrs
25 Yrs - 29 Yrs
30 Yrs- 34 Yrs
35 Yrs- 39 Yrs
40 Yrs- 44 Yrs
45 Yrs- 49 Yrs
50 Yrs- 54 Yrs
55 Yrs- 59 Yrs
60 Yrs- 64 Yrs
65 Yrs- 69 Yrs
70 Yrs - 74 Yrs
75 Yrs and older
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.