In order to use RunSignUp, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, please contact us.
The 13th Annual Thin Mint Sprint will be held at the Boy Scout and Girl Scout Program Center located behind MC Sports in Cherry Valley, IL. The event will feature an 8K Road Race, 2 Mile Run and 2 Mile Walk through Swanson Hill, Baumann Park, and the Village of Cherry Valley. Both the 8K and 2 Mile Run will be chip-timed. Participants in the 8K and 2 Mile Run will receive a tech shirt with their registration. Participants in the 2 Mile Walk will receive a cotton t-shirt with registration. Patches are available to order at time of registration.
The 8K race is a Rockford Road Runners Circuit Race. Rockford Road Runners will receive a discount on 8K registration fees.
Registration Fees: 8K Adults & Youth 2 Mile Run $35.00 Adults, $15 Youth 2 Mile Walk $15.00 Adult & Youth, $10 for Girl Scouts 18 & under.
Online registration closes in Thursday, September 28th. Day of registration will be available.
Girl Scouts participate in the Faster Than Fiona Challenge.
Faster Than Fiona- Lace up those running shoes! Could you be faster than Fiona? GSNI’s CEO, Fiona Cummings, has a ton of energy, and she’s always up for a challenge! Any Girl Scout (K-12) who finishes the 2-Mile Run faster than Fiona will receive a special edition patch commemorating the achievement, plus participate in a special meet-and-greet with Fiona at the finish line!
Girl Scouts (18 and under) Register for the 2 Mile Walk at the reduced rate of $10!! Use code SCOUT
Fundraising Opportunity for Troops- Troops will receive 50% of what they raise!!! Simply register your troop as fundraisers, then share with your friends. Fundraising begins TODAY and ends the day of the race. Click here to START FUNDRAISING
Raise $100 and It's Free- Simply register as a fundraiser, ask family and friends to support you with an online donation. When you raise $100 for Girl Scouts you will receive free registration, t-shirt and patch.
Online Registration will close at midnight on Thursday, September 28. Runners and walkers may still register as walk-ins on the day of the race!
We look forward to seeing you at the 13th Annual Thin Mint Sprint, and we thank you for supporting the 15,000 Girl Scouts who benefit each year from this fundraiser!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Additional race information can be found at http://www.girlscoutsni.org/tms.
Participants may pick up their bibs and race packets on:
Friday, September 29
3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday, September 30
7:00 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
Boy Scout and Girl Scout Program Center
7194 Vandiver Road
Cherry Valley, IL 61016
Directions and Check-In
The new Boy Scout and Girl Scout Program Center is located in Cherry Valley, right behind MC Sports and south across U.S. Business 20 (Harrison Avenue) from the Cherryvale Mall. Please check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled race; parking space can be limited and you may need to walk a distance to the starting line. If you already picked up your packet Friday night, you should still plan to arrive 15 minutes early to park and walk to the starting line.
We strongly encourage carpooling and early arrival to ensure enough parking for all participants. You have two different options for parking:
1. You may park in the MC Sports parking lot. Please watch for the parking attendants to be sure you are parking in the correct place.
2. You may parallel park along Vandiver Road on both sides of the road as long as two-way traffic is not blocked. You may only park along the road UP TO THE STARTING LINE. For the safety of our runners, we will not allow anyone to park to the east of the starting line.
Parking is NOT allowed in the parking lot of the Boy Scout and Girl Scout Program Center, as it will be used for event activities and check-in. Parking is NOT allowed on the grassy area surrounding the Program Center. Parking is not allowed at Kegels or the other nearby businesses. These companies are open for business during our race times and have prohibited parking. Participants who do not utilize the two parking options listed above park at their own risk and may be towed.
Race Day Rules
• The race will be held rain or shine; please bring or wear weather-appropriate apparel. No refunds will be offered.
• There are NO DOGS ALLOWED on Program Center premises or the race course, even for race spectators. Please leave your pets at home – we love animals and do not want to see them trapped in a vehicle!
• Strollers (not wagons) will be allowed for participants and spectators because all race courses are paved. However, if you plan to bring a small child on one of the race trails, the child must be registered as a race participant even if he/she is carried or in a stroller. Participants using strollers are asked to stay to the side of the starting line and not block paths during the race or at the finish line. No wagons, bikes, in-line skates, or any other unauthorized vehicle will be allowed on the racing trails. Bicycles, in-line skates and other wheeled vehicles will not be allowed on the race course. Wheelchairs are allowed.
• If your child is registered and you, as a parent or other guardian, are planning to walk/run with them, you must also register. Only registered participants will be allowed on the course for insurance purposes.
8K Run awards as follows: Top Male and Female Finisher. Top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
2 Mile Run awards as follows: Top Male and Female Finisher. Awards to top 3 males and females in the following age groups: 8 & under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.