In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The River to River running club presents Runners Blackout Bingo.
At some point in your life you have probably played bingo. Traditional bingo creates a sense of community, excitement, and a chance to win which pulls on our competitive nature. This is exactly what Running Bingo will do. Hopefully create a challenge for you and bring a sense of togetherness back to the running community. You will be able to see what others are doing, so challenge your friends and see who can get the first bingo or the elusive blackout.
There are two cards to choose from. Labeled the 120 mile card and the 70 mile card. This is the approximate distance one might expect to cover over the course of the challenge to Blackout the card. One way to look at it is the 120 mile card is more suited for marathon and ultramarathon runners and the 70 mile card is for 10k and 1/2 marathon runners. The longest run for the 120 card will be a 20 miler and the longest run for the 70 card will be a 10 miler for reference.
The goal here is to Blackout out the Bingo Card(complete all the squares). This will be challenging. Keep in mind that this is also your challenge. If you want to complete some of the squares by walking that is fine. Use a treadmill when you want to. Keep it fun, and keep pushing. Remember the spirit behind the challenge. You could complete a “Sunrise Run” square on a treadmill, but that’s not the spirit of the challenge.
1. You can only claim one bingo square per run.
2. One mile is the minimum distance to claim a square that doesn’t have a described distance.
3. You can claim multiple squares per day. However, for each additional square, the minimum goes up. 1st square = 1 mile minimum, 2nd square = 2 mile minimum, 3rd square = 4 mile minimum, 4th square = 8 mile minimum, 5 square = 16 mile minimum.
4. Some squares will require multiple runs. Use your final run to claim that square. E.g. “Two Runs in One Day” Your first run can be used to claim a different square. Then your second run would be used to claim the “Two Runs in One Day” square. Remember, second square has a 2 mile minimum.
5. When you complete a square log into Runsignup and use the drop down menu to log that run.
6. A few days before the challenge starts, your card with square definitions will be emailed to you.
7. Claim all the squares and have all the fun.
You will need to record your runs on here to claim the squares on your BINGO cards. To do so please follow the these steps:
1. Come back to this page.
2. Click on Results on the top right of the screen or in the drop down on mobile.
3. Click on Submit Virtual Results.
4. Search for yourself as shown on the next screen.
5. Click on Log Activities
6. From here select which square you are claiming for your run from the drop down.
7. Each square will have a different set of criteria you must enter and some squares will allow multiple entries to tally up to a total. Other squares will only allow a single entry.
8. Results can take up to 5 minutes before they will be seen on the results page.
9. Have fun and ask questions!!!
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.