Boo Milby 5k Run / 1 Mile Walk
Saturday, August 15, 2020
229 Oconor Ave
Lasalle, IL 61301
Key items to know:
- Pickup is Illinois Valley YMCA on August 12th from 4:30pm - 6:00pm.
- Limited race day registration is available from 7:00am - 8:30am.
- Arrive at the start line no sooner than 5 minutes before your desired start time. Line up socially distanced from one another with a minimum of 6 ft from people around you. Waves (start times) are first come first serve.
- The start line closes at 8:30AM. Nobody will be permitted to start after that time as we will be preparing for finishers coming in.
- Post race results available at Run Sign Up results link and www.RacingExpectations.com/results
- 5k Run registration price increases by $10.00 after 9:00am on August 14, 2020
- Age groups (no awards) Male/Female: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Socially Distanced Race Goal:
- To give runners a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
- Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
- Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event.
- Participants are encouraged to register online in advance.
- Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- The start waves are 8:00AM, 8:05AM, 8:10AM, 8:15AM, 8:20AM, 8:25AM, and 8:30AM. Each wave will have a limit of 45 participants.
- Pickup of your race bib and shirt prior to race day is strongly encouraged. Available at Illinois Valley YMCA on August 12th from 4:30pm - 6:00pm.
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
- Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
- Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
- The start line closes at 8:30am. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
- Aid Stations: A self service water station will be available on the course. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run. Products are available at Often Running (Normal, IL) that make the carrying of water while running extremely manageable.
- It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the roadway.
- Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the roadway.
- Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
- There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
- Self-serve water will be available at the finish line.
- Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
- There will be no awards given out for the race, although everyone will receive participation medals.
- Results will be updated throughout the event at Run Sign Up and www.RacingExpectations.com/results
- Anyone not registered for the race and included in the limited head count, including family members, will not be permitted in the registration area or the start/finish area. The introduction of additional people will put us over the maximum allowable number of attendees.
Thank you for your consideration and support. We are looking forward to a great event!