In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.forgeparks.com/races.
The Forge Off Road Sprint Triathlon is a unique event that offers an exhilarating, adventurous experience for triathletes of all abilities, including beginners to professionals.
The race venue is at The Forge: Lemont Quarries, an outdoor adventure park in Lemont, Illinois. The course runs through the Park and the adjoining trails of the Heritage Quarries Recreation Area and I&M Trails, located adjacent to historic downtown Lemont. Athletes and spectators will enjoy views of the Park’s exhilarating attractions and natural ecosystem, which includes the historic I&M Canal and multiple quarry lakes.
The sprint distance race will be an ~550-yard swim, 11 ½ mile bike, and a 5K trail run. Triathletes can prepare for a challenge that includes:
• Open water swimming in the natural spring-fed Forge Quarry with a time trial start from the dock,
• Two Lap bike course on crushed limestone trails and some gravel roads,
• Mixed terrain out and back run including crushed limestone and a section of single-track trails,
• Transition located at the Mount, the Forge’s entertainment stage and lawn area,
• Post-race fun with music and food and drinks from the Foundry at the Forge, and,
• Unique t-shirts and awards.
Preliminary Course Maps are found at (Note: Subject to Change as Courses Are Finalized):
Covid19 Protocols will be in Place Per Public Health Guidelines at the Date of the Race.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.