In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Scarecrow Scramble is set for October 10! The Scarecrow Scramble will be held in person this year with some changes to comply with health guidelines. We are very excited to share with you what we have in store! Please take the time to read through this information to better understand how the race will look this year.
Our goal is to give the runners and walkers participating in our event a competitive racing experience in compliance with CDC, state and local guidelines. There is also the option to sign up for the Virtual 5K and run the Scarecrow Scramble in your own neighborhood!
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe-distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom-free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• When not racing, those in attendance must wear a face covering.
• Costumes are encouraged! You don't have to dress up in a costume to conquer the Scarecrow Scramble, but it definitely makes it more fun!
• The Youth Run will start at 5:30pm.
• All runners will receive a ribbon when they cross the finish line.
• Any child age 10 & under that has paid for a 5K registration may also participate in the Youth Run free of charge. Only one shirt will be given.
5K Run / Walk:
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
• Start times for the 5K will begin at 6:00pm and will be available every 30 minutes. We will have 3 waves of 50 participants. Each participant will select from start times of 6:00pm, 6:30pm and 7:00pm. If spots fill up we will add more waves.
• Top Male/Female Overall & Top Male/Female Masters 40+ will receive trophies. 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Male/Female in each age group (9 & Under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+) will receive a medal. Winners will be contacted after the race.
• ALL REGISTRATION FEES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE.
• First 200 registrants are guaranteed a race shirt!
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration will be available for any reason.
• Race Bag pickup will take place Friday, October 9. You can pick up your race bag between 11:00am-1:00pm or 3:00-6:00pm. We will not be offering race day pick up. Please coordinate someone to pick up your bag if you are unable to make it on Friday.
• While our intent is to have a physical race, the race officials maintain the right to cancel the event due to severe weather conditions or if guidelines change in response to COVID-19. If the in-person race is cancelled, runners can still run the race virtually (details below). You will still receive your race bag and shirt. No refunds will be given.
• Participants should line up on the designated markings (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before their designated time.
• Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• There will be no aid stations on course.
• Minimal volunteers or marshals will be on course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules, which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
Results (for on site participants):
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the evening at www.ItsRaceTime.com
Attention Virtual Participants!
• You have the option of signing up for the Virtual 5K and running in the safety of your own neighborhood.
• Race Bag pick up will take place Friday, October 9. You can pick up your race bag between 11:00am-1:00pm or 3:00-6:00pm. We will not be offering race day pick up. If you are unable to make it, we are offering virtual runners the option to have their bag shipped for an additional cost. Just check the shipping box at checkout.
• An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. Beginning October 10 you will be able to submit your time. To submit your virtual time, click on the link below. (Note: link will not work and you cannot submit a result prior to October 10) By your name, click EDIT TIME. You can submit results from October 10 - October 18. Final results will be available October 19.
• There are no age group/overall awards for Virtual Participants.
• Run or walk to help The Lisle Partners for Parks Foundation provide recreation scholarships to low-income families who do not have the means to participate in recreation activities, and the Lisle Teens with Character Program.
Additional race information can be found at http://scarecrowscramble.com.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.