Restless Runners 5K
Sponsored by Peru Recreation Department
Saturday, October 10, 2020 @ 8:00am
Washington Park - Corner of Park Rd and 9th St.
Key items to know:
- Arrive at the start line no sooner than 5 minutes before your desired start time.
- Line up socially distanced from one another with a minimum of 6 ft from people around you.
- Waves (start times) are first come first serve.
- The start line closes at 8:20AM.
- Nobody will be permitted to start after that time as we will be preparing for finishers coming in.
- Post race results available at www.RunSignUp.com, www.StarvedRockRunners.org and www.RacingExpectations.com
- 5k Run registration price increases by $5.00 after 12:01am October 1, 2020.
- Age groups (no awards) Male/Female: 9 and under, 10-12, 13-16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
- $25.00 if post marked by September 30th,
- $30.00 through and including race day.
- Make checks payable to: Starved Rock Runners. Mail registration forms & payment to: Restless Runners, 407 W. Dakota St., Spring Valley, Il 61362
Check In/ Packet Pickup:
- Race day registration/packet pick up is available from 7:00AM until 7:45AM at Washington Park in Peru (near the Splash Field parking lot. Park Rd and Rock St).
- Face masks must be worn for registration and packet pick up.
CDC Safety Guidelines:
- Participants will be required to wear a mask at registration, packet pickup and at the start line.
- Once a participant is on the course the mask can be worn at their discretion, but everyone is encouraged to practice social distancing (stay 6’ apart). The start will be in waves of 40 participants(two rows each spaced 6’ apart, side to side and front to back. Waves will be sent out 2:00 minutes apart.
Race & Course Information:
- Course starts and finishes near the corner of Park Road and Rock Street in Peru, Il.
- Certified distance, splits @ miles 1 & 2, chip timed, computerized race results with results posted on Starved Rock Runners web site.
- There will be NO water on the course. Everyone is responsible for their own hydration needs. Consider running with the nutrition/water that you will need to successfully finish the 5K run.
- Traffic control.
- Pre-registered participants will receive a uni-sex T-Shirt and participation medal.
- Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the roadway.
- Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time.
- Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 10 feet behind and then 10 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the roadway.
- Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area.
- You should approach the starting line ready to run.
- Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
- Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line.
- Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will automatically start.
- The start line closes at 8:20am. Anyone not started by that time will not be permitted on course.
- Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area.
- Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race.
- No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event.
- There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
- Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
Thank you for your consideration and support. We are looking forward to a great event!