In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
NorthPointe’s 12th Annual Turkey Trot Canceled due to Illinois Tier 3 Mitigation Restrictions
Sorry Folks, we worked hard this year to ensure that we could host a NorthPointe Turkey Trot 2020. Our Thanksgiving Day NorthPointe Turkey Trot planning allowed us to be compliant with all the State of Illinois, Winnebago County and CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
However, life for us changed with the continued increase in the State of Illinois’s COVID 19 positivity rate. Which resulted in Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s administration to unveil new coronavirus mitigation strategies. The State of Illinois has moved to Tier 3 mitigations which began on Friday 11/20/2020.
One of the Tier 3 mitigation requirements states that:
Outdoor group activities limited to 10 persons or less, participants/guests must
wear face coverings at all times.
Due to these restrictions, and to keep you and your families safe, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 NorthPointe Turkey Trot. Refunds will be issued to all participants. This will take place over the next few weeks. We will be mailing out this year’s Turkey Trot neck gaiter, as a thank you for trying to “Trot” with NorthPointe this year. Please join “Andy” for his Virtual *2020 Turkey Trot” on our website and Facebook page….
We look forward to hosting a more Traditional 13th Annual NorthPointe Turkey Trot on November 25, 2021. Please watch your email for registration details
Thank you and be safe,
NorthPointe Health & Wellness
NorthPointe’s 12th Annual Turkey Trot
NorthPointe Turkey Trot 2020 will be a bit different to comply with all health guidelines. Please take the time to read through this information to better understand how the race will look this year.
Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a Thanksgiving Day NorthPointe Turkey Trot experience complying with all Winnebago County and CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
This event is limited to 250 participants! These guidelines limit participate numbers and require 30 minutes between start time waves.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer events like this in the foreseeable future.
•Face Masks will always be required; other than the time you are competing on the course!
• Participants must follow all CDC safe-distancing guidelines. Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom-free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• When not racing, those in attendance must wear a face covering (including in the staging corals).
No spectators at this years event.
2 Mile Run / Walk:
• This event is limited to 250 participants! Participants will be assigned their start time as folks register (First come, First served). There will be 5 waves of 50 participants. There is a strict limit of 50 participants for each assigned start time.
• Start times for the 2 Mile Run / Walk will begin at 8:00am and then will start every 30 minutes. We will have 5 waves of 50 participants. (8:00am, 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am, 10:00am)
• Sadly, there will be no awards this year.
• ALL REGISTRATION FEES ARE FINAL, if we cannot host the event, your entry will be rolled over to the 2021 Turkey Trot
• 250 registrants are guaranteed a neck gaiter!
• Participants must register online in advance. No paper registration will be offered. No race day registration will be available for any reason.
• Packet pickup will take place Monday Nov. 23rd 2:00pm - 8:00pm Tuesday Nov. 24th 8:00am – 8:00pm, Wednesday 25th 8:00am – 8:00pm. We will not be offering race day pick up. Please coordinate someone to pick up your packet if you are unable to make it before Thanksgiving.
• Our intent is to host a physical race, but race officials maintain the right to cancel the event due to severe weather conditions or if we move back to Phase 3 due to COVID-19. If the race gets cancelled, you will still receive your packet and neck gaiter. No refunds will be given, your entry will be rolled over into the 2021 Turkey Trot.
• Participants should line up in the starting corral (6 feet apart) no earlier than 5 minutes before the start of the race. Masks are required prior to the start of the race!
• Participants will not be allowed in NorthPointe. This year’s Turkey Trot is an outside event only. Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. You should approach the starting line ready to run.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line. Please line up on the markings provided.
• Once you cross the timing equipment at the start line, your time will start.
• There will be no aid stations on course, i.e. no water stations.
• Minimal volunteers will be on the course. It is your responsibility to know the course, and run it safely.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far right side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules, which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and proceed immediately to their vehicle or home as soon as they complete their race. No congregating of any type will be permitted before, during, or after the event. After you finish you must put your mask back on.
• There will not be a finish line celebration, nor an awards ceremony.
Results (for onsite participants):
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the evening at www.runsignup.com
Additional Event info:
Additional race information can be found at http://northpointewellness.org.
NorthPointe Health & Wellness
5605 E. Rockton Rd.
Roscoe, Il 61073
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.