In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
IMPROMPTU SNOW WHATEVER MILE! Snow is not guaranteed but is in the forecast.
No cookout this time, but there will be cookies and snacks, etc. Feel free to bring some to share but it is not necessary. Plan to stay afterwards and visit. Depending on how many come out we can hang in the garage or indoors. We got a gas firepit for Christmas and I will have it in the garage to enjoy. We have some chairs but if you have one bring it.
Remember, this is a Whatever Mile. You can drink or not drink, run or not run. Let's just get together and have a good time!
Whatever Mile is an event in the style of a traditional "beer mile". There will be a cookout after. The race will provide hot dogs, brats, chips and bottled water. Bring your own meat to grill if you want or a side dish to share, but not necessary.
Only 20 spots available. If there are enough people there will be two heats.
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer, White Claw, soft drink, carbonated water or "whatever", and runs a mile (start - drink, then quarter mile, then drink, then quarter mile, then drink, then quarter mile, then drink, then quarter mile - finish).
2. The drink must be consumed before the quarter mile is begun, within the transition area.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first drink in the transition zone which is the back side of the start/finish line to ensure the competitors run a complete mile.
4. Each drink must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
5. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th quarter mile). During the penalty lap you should ponder your poor life choices that brought you to this moment...
6.You may substitute the seltzer or carbonated drink of your choice if you do not drink alcohol.
7. Hold the empty container over your head with the open side down to prove to the race judge that you drank the whole thing.
8. Don’t do anything stupid, like driving while intoxicated. You are welcome to hang out at my house until it is safe for you to drive home.
Join other runners for a weekly fun run that starts & finishes at Riggs Beer Company. The run begins at 6pm spring, summer & fall. The route is 4 miles but you can run less or more. Do you have friends or family that are not runners? Have the meet us after the run to enjoy Riggs Beer with us. There is usually a food truck & live music, so plan to stay after the run for a good time. This weekly event is hosted by Champaign Area Run for Beer.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.