In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/sky5k/.
The mission of the Kendall County Juvenile Justice Council (JJC) is to prevent delinquency by effectively utilizing community resources to assist at risk youth and their families and to provide youth the opportunity to reach their full potential. The JJC has joined this year with the Kendall County School Districts to assist the youth in Kendall County. The race is USATF course certified and pet friendly.
2020 Goal: To give you, the runners and walkers competing in our event, a competitive racing experience in compliance with all CDC social distancing and health safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that your cooperation and adherence to all safe distancing practices is the key to us being able to offer competitive events like this in the foreseeable future.
• Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient.
• Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines.
• Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 14 days prior to the event.
• All attendees are expected to wear face coverings, except while on course racing.
• Participants must register online in advance. No race day registration will be available for any reason.
• Participants will sign up for a designated start time. There is a strict limit for each assigned start time that are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• You must pickup your race bib and shirt in advance of race day.
Start Time Selection:
• You are asked to pick your preferred start time in advance of race day. Each slot is limited, first come first served. To select your start time please follow these steps:
1. Click here: https://runsignup.com/Race/MyRegisteredRaces
2. Find the Kendall County Juvenile Justice Council SKY 5K and click "Manage Registration"
3. In the menu select START TIME.
4. Select your start time from the options available, and click Save Changes.
Note: If you have decided not to attend, please go in and select "Not Attending" so that we do not hold a spot for you or keep asking you to update your start time.
• Participants must remain socially distant from one another at the start line.
• Participants will cross timing equipment at the start line. Once you cross the timing equipment, your time will start.
• Except for passing, participants should always remain on the far side of the course. Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 6 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time. Participants may pass only when there are not any oncoming runners approaching from the opposite direction. Before passing, participants must be sure they can safely remain 6 feet behind and then 6 feet in front of the participant being overtaken before merging back to the side of the pathway.
• Upon completing their run and crossing the finish line, participants must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area. Participants will be required to leave the finish line area and they can leave or go to the Meadowlark Lodge to visit the sponsor's booth. Face masks are required to enter the Lodge.
• Results will not be posted on site.
• Participants who opted in during the registration process will receive a text message with their time shortly after crossing the finish line.
• Results will be updated throughout the day at https://www.ItsRaceTime.com/Results.aspx?ID=2330
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.