In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.runthemounds.com.
Enjoy a scenic trail run through Mounds State Park, along the river and by the ancient Adena Indian Mounds. You can choose a 5MI run, 5K run, or a 5K walk. A children's fun run will meet at 1:20 PM by the pool house; the fun run will start at 1:30 PM.
Visit http://www.runthemounds.com for more information.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
1. Volunteers - All volunteers will be required to wear masks and gloves for the event. Gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all volunteers.
2. Race Participants - All race participants will have a chip on their race bib in order to be timed; this way there will not be contact to remove bib tear-off strips at the end of the race.
3. Pavilion - Anyone entering the pavilion to volunteer, pick up a race packet, or register the day of will be required to wear a mask upon entry. People inside the pavilion will be reminded to social distance. Should any lines form at a station, X’s will on floor will show proper distancing. Volunteers at registration and packet pick-up will have protective barriers with clear shower curtain screens on their respective tables. Race participants will be encouraged to leave the pavilion once their business inside has concluded.
4. Water Stops on Course - There are two water stops on the course: one at the 1.5 mile mark, and one at the 3.0 mile mark. Volunteers at the water stops will have masks and gloves. Only a volunteer will dispense water into cups. Cups will be placed on tables and not handed off to race participants to avoid any contact. All used cups will be collected and disposed of.
5. Pre-race Staging - In order to keep the race participants into smaller groups with social distancing, time between race starts has been increased from ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Race participants for each of the three races will be staged in separate areas near the start line until five minutes before their race begins, with social distancing in effect for each race group. The starters for each group will have finish time markers to stage the runners fastest to slowest in start area.
6. Race Finish Line Area - At the race finish area there will be people timing, handing out finish medals, and dispensing water and Gatorade in cups. All volunteers and timers will have masks and gloves. Water, chocolate milk, and Gatorade will be set on tables for participant, non-contact pick-up. Finishers will be encouraged to social distance while recovering and then move away from the finish area.
7. Post-Race at the Pavilion - In years past we have had a sit down meal after the race and an awards ceremony. This year there will be no awards ceremony or sit-down meal. There will be a grab-and-go meal in the pavilion after the race. Volunteers behind the protective barriers will have pre-packaged sandwiches, individual chip bags, individual brownies, individual cookies, bananas, and bottled water to grab and go. All volunteers will have masks and gloves. There will be no tables and chairs set up in the pavilion. Participants will be encouraged to bag some food if desired and then leave the building.
Pre-registration ends at 11:59 PM EST on October 29, 2020.
Pre-registration Link: http://www.runthemounds.com
Through 1 October 2020:
5MI Run - regular: $20
5MI Run - student: $5
5K Run - regular: $20
5K Run - student: $5
5K Walk - regular: $20
Effective 2 October 2020:
5MI Run - regular: $25
5MI Run - student: $5 (If available)
5K Run - regular: $25
5K Run - student: $5 (If available)
5K Walk - regular: $25
Effective 1 November 2020
All events - regular: $25
All events - student: $5 (if slots are available)
RACE SHIRTS & HOODED SWEATSHIRTS
Race shirts are available to order for an additional price during pre-registration. If shirt sizes are still available, then you may be able to purchase a shirt on race day; however, shirts are only guaranteed if you pre-register and order a shirt by October 21, 2020. There will be a limited number of hooded sweatshirts for sale on race day, too.
The event location is Mounds State Park.
4306 Mounds Rd, Anderson, IN 46017
Both the 5MI and 5K courses are 99% trail, 1% blacktop. The courses start on the grass then utilize the trail system. The trails have ruts, rocks, stumps, roots, leaves, and other naturally occurring debris on them. Under certain conditions, walkers and runners might also encounter mud, water hazards, and slippery or icy conditions.
1 November 2020
Day-of and pre-registration packet pick-up will be day-of from 12:00 PM - 1:45 PM.
5MI Run - 2:00 PM
5K Run - 2:15 PM
5K Walk - 2:25 PM
All race Participants will receive a Finisher Medal. Top three Male and Female finishers will also receive a special overall medal. Male and Female Masters Medal for the 5MI and 5K runs.
Post-race refreshments include bananas, sloppy joe sandwiches, cookies, brownies, chips, Gatorade, chocolate milk, and bottled water!
Refreshments will be served at the main pavilion.
Proceeds from Run the Mounds support ARRC walks and runs, the free Roady Racers children's run series, and Mounds State Park.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
The 5K Walkers and Runners follow the first 3 Miles of the 5 Mile course, then veer slightly right to their finish line.
The 5 Mile course map shows the mile markers. The 5K Walkers and Runners follow the first 3 Miles of the 5 Mile course, then veer slightly right to their finish line.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.