In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.runthemounds.com.
Enjoy a scenic trail run through Mounds State Park, along the river and by the ancient Adena Indian Mounds. You can choose a 5MI run, 5K run, or a 5K walk. A children's fun run will meet at 1:20 PM by the pool house; the fun run will start at 1:30 PM.
Visit http://www.runthemounds.com for more information.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
1. Volunteers - All volunteers may wear masks for their own protection..Masks are recommended but not mandatory. Gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer will be available to all volunteers.
2. Race Participants - All race participants will have a chip on their race bib in order to be timed; this way there will not be contact to remove bib tear-off strips at the end of the race.Please wear bib on your front to make scoring easier.
3. Pavilion - Anyone entering the pavilion to volunteer, pick up a race packet, or register the day of will be recommended to wear a mask upon entry. People inside the pavilion will be reminded to social distance. Should any lines form at a station please be mindful of others.
4. Water Stops on Course - There are two water stops on the course: one at the 1.5 mile mark, and one at the 3.0 mile mark. Volunteers at the water stops will fill cups.. Only a volunteer will dispense water into cups. Cups will be placed on tables and not handed off to race participants to avoid any contact. All used cups will be collected and disposed of.
5. Pre-race Staging - In order to keep the race participants into smaller groups with social distancing, time between race starts has been increased from ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Race participants for each of the three races will be staged in separate areas near the start line until five minutes before their race begins, with social distancing in effect for each race group. The starters for each group will have finish time markers to stage the runners fastest to slowest in start area.
6. Race Finish Line Area - At the race finish area there will be people timing, handing out finish medals, and dispensing water and Gatorade in cups. All volunteers and timers may have masks and gloves. Water, chocolate milk, and Gatorade will be set on tables for participant, non-contact pick-up. Finishers will be encouraged to social distance while recovering and then move away from the finish area.
7. Post-Race at the Pavilion - There will once again be sit down food and award ceremony for the top overall male and females for each race. There will not be separate awards for age groups. All finishers will receive a finish medal..Awards will begin once every participant has been scored. Volunteers will have bowls of chili(Vegan Vegetarian also), individual chip bags, individual brownies, individual cookies, bananas, and bottled water.
Pre-registration ends at 11:59 PM EST on November 3rd, 2022 or when events are sold out.
Pre-registration Link: http://www.runthemounds.com
5MI Run - regular: $25
5MI Run - student: $5 (If available)
5K Run - regular: $25
5K Run - student: $5 (If available)
5K Walk - regular: $25
THERE WILL BE NO DAY-OF REGISTRATION 2022
Restrooms__ the restroom near the Start finish area should be open this year. Restrooms are also available at the Nature Center, Pavilion and pit toilets near the Camp Store. Please plan accordingly.
RACE SHIRTS & HOODED SWEATSHIRTS
Race shirts are available to order for an additional price during pre-registration. If shirt sizes are still available, then you may be able to purchase a shirt on race day; however, shirts are only guaranteed if you pre-register and order a shirt by October 23, 2022. There will be a limited number of hooded sweatshirts for sale on race day, too.
The event location is Mounds State Park.
4306 Mounds Rd, Anderson, IN 46017
Both the 5MI and 5K courses are 92% trail, 8% blacktop. The courses start on the grass then utilize the trail system. The trails have ruts, rocks, stumps, roots, leaves, and other naturally occurring debris on them. Under certain conditions, walkers and runners might also encounter mud, water hazards, and slippery or icy conditions.
Pre-registration packet pick-up will be day-of from 12:00 PM - 1:45 PM.
5MI Run - 2:00 PM
5K Run - 2:10 PM
5K Walk - 2:12 PM
All race Participants will receive a Finisher Medal. Top three Male and Female finishers will also receive a special overall medal. Male and Female Masters Medal for the 5MI and 5K runs.
Post-race refreshments include bananas, chili, cookies, brownies, chips, Gatorade, chocolate milk, and bottled water!
Refreshments will be served at the main pavilion.
Proceeds from Run the Mounds support ARRC walks and runs, the free Roady Racers children's run series, and Mounds State Park.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Run The Mounds is an annual event with 3 timed races and a Kids 1 mile Fun Run. Choose a 5 mile or 5K run, or a 5K walk through the trails at Mounds State park amongst colorful fall foliage. The Anderson Road Runners Club hosts this rich heritage race to fund various club activities and support their free Kids Run program held for 12 weeks each spring.
The 5K Walkers and Runners follow the first 3 Miles of the 5 Mile course, then veer slightly right to their finish line.
The 5 Mile course map shows the mile markers. The 5K Walkers and Runners follow the first 3 Miles of the 5 Mile course, then veer slightly right to their finish line.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.
Thank you! Your message was posted to Facebook.