In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
New Date: July 11, 2020
Thank you for registering for Runners on Parade.
With the cancellation of the Three Rivers Festival, we have decided to change the format of the race. We will be having a 5k race at Franke Park on July 11th. This is called Runners in the Park. We have reduced the race entry fee since we will not have shirts or awards. We will have timing and post-race snacks for runners to take with them. We will ensure a safe environment for participants with a staggered start.
Additional race information can be found at http://fortwaynerunningclub.org.
The Fort Wayne Running Club is proud to present the first and only Runners in the Park 5k, on July 11th, 2020 in Franke Park! The extraordinary situation has necessitated a change of venue due to the cancellation of the Three Rivers Festival, so we hope you can still join us! We will not have race shirts or awards this year, but we will have post-race snacks for you to enjoy. You can transfer your registration from the original Runners on Parade 5k to this race, or you may request a refund if you no longer wish to join us. Packet pickup will occur at Franke Park Pavilion #2 starting at 6:30am. The race will start at 8:00am.
The Fort Wayne Running Club plans to follow governmental guidance and implement safety measures for the benefit of all participants. The following policies will be in place for this event:
1) The race will be limited to the first 230 pre-registered runners. We hope you can join us, so sign up soon!
2) The course, which we will publish in the near future, may include small sections of grass and/or gravel. Please plan accordingly.
3) Runners are encouraged but not required to take all necessary safety precautions on their own including, but not limited to, face masks, gloves and any other relevant PPE. Please take the personal precautions you feel are necessary for your own personal safety as we help open back up the running community
4) Once the course has been defined and further information is evaluated due to the changing situation and recommendations from local and state governments, the Fort Wayne Running club will determine whether wave starts will be necessary. We will provide more information on this item as soon as the directors have made a formal decision based on governmental guidance. and recommendations from RRCA
5) We love our volunteers, but we also plan to make sure they follow all recommendations for sanitation, cleanliness, and food handling. All volunteers will be given facemasks, gloves and/or hand sanitizer as deemed appropriate for their volunteer function.
6) All registered runners may need to agree to an updated waiver. Sorry, those legal people want to make sure we run a solid event in all respects. If we need you to sign an updated waiver, we will let you know!
7) We recommend that those feeling sick, ill, with fever or recently having been in contact with anyone unrecovered from COVID-19 not participate. If you have been infected within 14 days of the event, we ask that you not be present for the safety and health of other participants.
8) We also recommend that persons from high risk groups for COVID-19 consult their physician before participating
9) Do not engage in physical contact (hand shakes, high-fives, hugs, partner stretching, etc), group pictures/selfies. Also participants should maintain social distancing before, during and after the event as best possible. Do not share personal items.
10) Each participant will be responsible for their own hydration during the race, but bottled water will be available after the event for participants.
11) Participants whose actions are creating risk for themselves or others may be excluded from the event. Please be courteous to other participants!
We would love to see the camaraderie, elbow bumps and cheering again, so we hope you can join us for a great Run in the Park!
Registration: Pre-registrated runners only, not race day signups! Also, no refunds or transfers.
Packet Pickup: July 11, 2020 at 6:30am at Franke Park Pavilion #2
DISCLAIMER: The route for 2020 has not yet been determined, but we will update you soon.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.