In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Come out and have some fun! Begin Again Rescue is hosting the 2nd Annual Fast and Furriest 5K. This in person event will conform to CDC social distancing and safety guidelines and include a rolling start. This event features a 5K Run/Walk with a challenging course, partially paved, partially wooded trail through beautiful Rogers Lakewood Park. Or you can choose to participate in the Virtual option.
The Virtual Run/Walk can be done on your own, any time, any where through September 19th. Send us your results and we will post them on race day. Shirts can be picked up on race day or received by mail. The virtual option is non-competitive.
Registration Fee- $25, without shirt $20. No on-site registration will be available.
Shirt size/availability guaranteed if registered by Sept 4th. Swag bags provided as well.
Race Packets can be picked up in advance on Thursday, September 17th and Friday, September 18th from 10AM-6PM at the Extra Mile Fitness Co., 1330 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso, IN. On-site packet pick up begins at 7AM race day. Participants are expected to show up ready to run.
Packet pick up starts at 7:00 AM. The 5K competitive race starts at 8:00 AM. Light refreshments will be available after the 5K.
Rolling Start Times: A rolling start will be utilized for the 5K race. This will allow runners to start individually or in small groups of associated participants (family member or participants that live together) .
Awards (based on start times):
Awards for the 5K competitive run are as follows: Awards will be available for pick up until 11:00 AM at the event.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall Males and Females. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Males and Females in the following age groups:10 & UNDER, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 64-69, 70+.
No dogs are allowed on the 5K competitive run course.
5K Dog Walk:
The 5K Dog Walk begins at 10 AM. Participants will receive a Fast and the Furriest T-shirt, bandana for the dog and a swag bag – guaranteed if registered by Sept 4th. The walk is non-competitive. Light refreshments will be available after the 5K.
By participating in the dog walk each owner agrees to the following rules.
- The entry fee covers one dog.
- The dog handler must be 16 years of age or older. Only one dog allowed per handler.
- All children must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- All dogs must be current on vaccines and be on a standard (6 foot) leash. Retractable leashes are NOT allowed.
- BARC reserves the right to prohibit participation of any dog displaying aggressive behavior towards people or other dogs.
- Participants must clean up after their dogs.
- Participants are required to be completely self-sufficient. No water stops or medical assistance will be provided.
- Participants must follow all CDC safe distancing guidelines
- Participants must be in good health and symptom free from any illness for at least 2 weeks prior to the event
- After picking up their race number and upon approaching the starting line participants are required to immediately begin their race. Participants will not be allowed to congregate or conduct any race preparation (warm-ups, stretching, adjusting or changing apparel, etc.) in the starting area. Participants should approach the starting line ready to run.
- Participants passing one another on the course must adhere to “no drafting” rules which include being no closer than 10 feet behind or in front of, or 6 feet beside other competitors at any time.
- Participants must follow all instructions of the course volunteers. Failure to adhere to course volunteer instructions will result in an immediate disqualification.
- Participant must continue moving towards the exit of the finish area upon completing the 5K run.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?