In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
**NEW Health & Safety Protocols in place. Participants must review all information listed and agree to all terms prior to completing registration. There will be NO Refunds for this race. Race is opening with permit approval for In-Person and Virtual race options. Flagler Avenue Business Association, The County of Volusia, and all organizing parties have the rights to adjust race as needed for health and safety for all involved. Participants can transfer themselves from In-Person to Virtual at any time, if they prefer to not attend live event. Virtual participants can ONLY switch to In-Person IF race capacity has not been reached.**
When: Thursday, November 26, 2019 with Corral Starts beginning at 8am.
Flagler Ave Boardwalk – Beach
101 Buenos Aires St
New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169
Schedule of Events
4-6pm Packet Pickup Option for In-Person and Virtual Participants. At Flagler Ave Beach Approach. **Masks and social distancing required by all.
7am - 10am Packet Pickup Tents are Open. **Masks and Social Distancing required by all.
8am 5K Run/Walk Corrals begin. Participants must follow safety guidelines and arrive at start line at their scheduled corral start time.
NO AGE GROUP AWARDS or After Party for 2020.
This is a BEACH run/walk in the sand.
The race will Start and Finish on the beach; in front of the Flagler Ave Boardwalk in New Smyrna Beach.
Entry Fees - 5K Run/Walk (RACE CAPACITIES ARE IN PLACE. Once the In-Person registration corral spots are full, the In-Person option to participate will close.)
Present- Nov 25th by noon – $25.00 Online Registration Only
At Race Start - $30.00 Cash or Check only **Please Note: If Race Registration reaches capacity, there will be NO Day Of Registrations allowed.
Online Registration will close Wednesday, November 25th @ NOON
**Registration is non-refundable.
Race Specific Shirt (sizes not guaranteed for registrations after 11/12/2020) Inventory is updated through registration. If the size you prefer is not listed, it is no longer available.
Water Stop on route (pass twice); Water Refill Station at Start/Finish Line
Free, Professional Race Photos – Available for free download after the event
For More Information about events produced by the Flagler Avenue Business Association, please visit their website at: FlaglerAve.com
Race Timing/ Scoring
The race will be professionally timed and scored. Disposable, electronic chips will be attached to the bib number. In order to get the best read possible, you need to wear your bib number unaltered on the front of your shirt pinned at all four corners. Do not have any clothing covering your bib number.
Results will be posted online concluding the event.
Rules & Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Virtual Race Option? This option allows participants to register for the race, and complete their own 5k at the location and time of their choosing. Virtual participants can pick up their packets, which include Race Shirt, Bib, and Finisher Medal. There is NO option to mail.
Where does the race take place?
This is a Beach Run/Walk in the sand. The race course begins on the beach near the boardwalk at the Flagler Avenue Beach Approach in New Smyrna Beach.
When is Packet Pickup?
All packets (race bib number, event shirt, and finisher medal) can be picked up on Wednesday 4-6pm or Thursday 7-10am. Please have your registration number (email confirmation) with you for easy pickup.
Will there be results posted at the race?
No. After all corrals have finished, results will be posted on this site on the RESULTS tab.
Will there be a Finisher Medal?
YES, there is a finisher medal for this race! Registration includes an finisher medal, event shirt, chip-timed bib, free professional photographs, and a beautiful route along the beach.
Who gets the event T-shirt?
Only pre-registered runners that successfully complete the online registration and payment processes ten weekdays before the race are guaranteed a race t-shirt with registration. Pre-registered runners in the ten days leading to the race are first to receive their shirt and preferred size. The remaining shirts for walk-up registrations are available until they run out. Quantities and sizes are not guaranteed for day-of registrations.
Are dogs/animals allowed to participate in this event?
No. As much as we love our pets too, the safety of participants is our main concern. Pets are not allowed on this beach run/walk.
What do I do with my personal items while I’m running?
There is NO bag drop available, per covid safety protocol. Please plan to carry any items you bring or leave them in your vehicle.
Should I bring my own water?
YES!! Please plan to carry your own water or hydration. While on the beach, we try to limit our waste and pollution that may blow into the ocean. We encourage renewable and sustainable methods of water distribution at events to reduce our litter impact. We will have water bottles available.
How much does it cost?
Early registration is $25 per person. There is an online processing fee of $2.75.
In person registration on November 26th is $30, cash or check only. (If race has not reached capacity)
Registration fees are non-refundable. We have a strict No Transfer policy.
Will the race be held if it's raining?
The race is a "rain or shine" event. All participants are encouraged to dress appropriately for the weather.
Will there be an awards ceremony?
NO. For 2020, there will not be Age Group Awards or any after party gatherings. Results will be available online.
Where is parking?
The boardwalk parking at Flagler Ave Boardwalk has times and fees posted. If you park in the Flagler Ave Boardwalk parking lot at race start, you will need to pay daily fee or get a pass. However, there is free parking along Flagler Ave. There are a few free parking lots off of Flagler Ave as well. Obey all parking signs for locations for free and day-fee parking rules.
Health and Safety Plan:
Flagler Avenue Business Association – Beach 5K COVID-19 Safety Procedures and Protocols
New race protocols will be implemented for Flagler Avenue Business Association’s Beach 5k, specifically for the Thanksgiving Day 5K Run/Walk on Thursday, November 26, 2020. These will be updated on a regular basis prior to the event to adjust to the guidelines from the CDC and federal, state and local requirements. The purpose of implementing these new procedures and protocols is to provide safe events that include proper sanitation, safe physical / social distancing and help our participants, community and staff maintain good health and prevent the spread of the coronavirus. We appreciate your support and adherence to these new procedures and protocols as we all adapt to changing environment.
The information below is subject to change and update.
Current procedures updated on 10/5/2020
HEALTH AND WELLNESS CHECKS AND GENERAL POLICIES
- All participants are required to wear a mask pre and post event. Each participant will wear a mask until race start, while running a mask is not required. Carry the mask with them and put it on post-race.
- Social distancing should always be maintained during the event. Please stay at least 6 feet away from other participants.
- Staff and volunteers will be required to wear masks during the event.
- Spectators are not allowed at the event, until further notice. Spectators who must accompany a minor or a runner needing assistance must stay a safe distance from the event activity and are required to wear a mask.
- Public restrooms at Flagler Ave will be available. Lines will be managed to maintain social distance and minimize gathering in proximity.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be easily accessible and spread throughout the event areas.
- The staff reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the event that is not adhering to these COVID policies.
- Medical staff will be available on site for any health questions or issues.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms will be quarantined by medical staff and asked to leave the event.
HYDRATION AND REFRESHMENTS
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own water bottle or hydration device.
- Water will be provided in single serve water bottles distributed by staff or volunteers wearing PPE.
- Post-race will consist of individually bottled waters. Refreshments will be handed out by staff or volunteers wearing PPE with masks and gloves.
- All staff, volunteers, sponsors and vendors will wear masks, and anyone handling water bottles will also wear gloves.
-Advance communication and extensive signage will be used to support safe and proper physical and social distancing.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING / EVENT CAPACITIES
- Physical distancing will be maximized in runner-only areas, including but not limited to packet pick-up, restroom lines, race start, aid stations, finish and post-race. 6 foot social distancing standards will be followed.
- There will be a limit to participant capacities and prohibit spectators to assure local event size restrictions are not exceeded. Capacity information is indicated on each event web page and subject to change based on local guidelines.
- Please note that spectators are not allowed at our events until further notice. Spectators who must accompany a minor or a runner needing assistance must stay a safe distance from the event activity and are required to wear a mask.
- This event will temporarily suspend the bag drop / gear check to minimize the contact and exchange of personal items. This includes on the course as well as at the pre and post-race area.
- The Running Elements and Runner’s High Management teams will implement multiple wave starts with chip timing – leaving the start line open for 5 minutes allowing physical distancing along running courses. Waves may start every 5 minutes or additional time as needed.
- Participants will line up socially distanced by standing on one of the marked start line spots. Spots may be marked by orange cones or other marking on the ground.
- At the designated start time the lined-up participants will cross the start line and begin their run. The next wave of participants will be allowed to start lining up once all the previous participants have started.
- Finish line will be physically separate from the start line to allow for wave starts and encourage social distancing.
- Participants will be required to put their masks back on once they cross the finish line and leave the finish line chute.
-Participants will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities to prepare for a safe event and given the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.
- Participants must review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to participating in the event.
-Volunteers will be educated about what to expect and their responsibilities and will be required to review and agree to follow the COVID policies prior to supporting the event.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.