In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Find yourself at the center of the U.S. as you finish this unique race! The entire course is on unpaved country roads in north-central Kansas. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Kansas prairie as you run from Smith Center, KS to the Geographic Center of the Contiguous United States near Lebanon, KS. You may run the race or ride your bike. This race is certified by the USA Track and Field Association.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Our race is still happening on Sept. 12, and we are following state and local guidelines to make sure it happens safely. We have a 10-minute open start line for runners, allowing you to space yourself out as much as you want, and start when comfortable. Masks are not required during the race, and they are also optional at registration, near the start line, and at the finish line. We have shuttle buses available and they will have quite a few people aboard, so please arrange alternate transportation if you are uncomfortable with that. Masks are required on the shuttle bus. If race cancellation is necessary due to state or local regulations, we will offer you the option of a virtual race or a refund of your registration fee. If there is a travel restriction in place around the race date (e.g. returning from Kansas to your state requires a 14-day quarantine), we'll also offer affected individuals the option of a virtual race or refund. If you've been feeling cooped up lately, a great run or ride through the open spaces of north-central Kansas awaits you.
1. Registration/packet pickup is Friday 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m., or Saturday 6:00-6:45 a.m., in the Old Dutch Mill at Wagner Park at 218 E. 2nd Street in Smith Center.
2. Race time is 7:30 a.m. for runners. Bikers start at 7:45 a.m. from the same location, which is the cemetery about 1 mile north of Smith Center.
3. Transportation will be provided to the start line from Wagner Park at approximately 7 a.m. Vehicles may be left at Wagner Park. Transportation will be provided from the finish line at the Center of the U.S. back to Wagner Park starting at approximately 10:30 a.m. Masks are required on the bus.
4. There will be 7 water stations from beginning to end.
5. There are restrooms at Wagner Park, two porta-potties at the start line, three porta-potties along the route, and three porta-potties at the finish.
6. There will be refreshments and snacks at the end of the race for runners and riders, including breakfast burritos.
7. Award ceremony will take place at approximately 10 a.m. at the U.S. Center Park right by the finish line - on Google Maps it's called the Geographic Center of the United States.
8. There will be a container on the bus to collect personal belongings that you would like to retrieve at the finish line.
9. Follow us on Facebook for additional information and updates: https://www.facebook.com/RaceToTheCenter/
10. If you want to stick around afterwards, the Lebanon Bash is going on just 2 miles from the finish line. It features events all day, including the parade and a concert. Details here.
11. Find the race and location map below. For spectators, the best route from start to finish lines is along Highway 36, then north past Lebanon to the Center of the U.S.
Additional race information can be found at https://www.facebook.com/RaceToTheCenter/.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.