Frankfort, KY US 40601
The Thanksgiving Walk of Awareness helps ACCESS Soup Kitchen & Men’s Shelter provide food, supplies, services and shelter throughout the year for those in need and brings awareness to homelessness.
ACCESS is grateful for the support of our community and as this is the ministry's LARGEST FUNDRAISER of the YEAR, we thank you, in advance, for your generosity!
In the past year, your contributions to ACCESS:
- Helped maintain the Soup Kitchen and Shelter in daily services
- Allowed us to provide approximately 25,000 meals to Frankfort residents, averaging 479 meals a week
- Helped gain permanent housing for 31 men who were shelter residents
- Continue to aide in hiring capable staff
How can you walk? On Thanksgiving Day, participants can choose one of the following ways:
Option 1: IN-PERSON: Walk the actual route.
- The route starts from First United Methodist Church, (211 Washington St., Frankfort, KY) to the Capitol building, back down Capitol Avenue, to the ACCESS facility (311 W. 2nd Street), and back to your vehicle. Walk starts at 8:00am, please be there earlier to complete check-in.
Option 2: VIRTUAL: Walk the route distance (approx. 2.2 miles) on your exercise equipment, around your neighborhood, or at a location of your choosing.
* Please take and submit photos of your “Walk” to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Submission of photos and participation in walk gives ACCESS permission to post on our website and/or Facebook page).
NOTE: To be guaranteed a T-Shirt you must be registered by November 3rd, 2023
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT! ALL Monetary donations are welcomed.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Race Participant Survey
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.