Through the many challenges of the past few years, the Howard County Autism Society (HCAS) has strived to serve its community in a way that was thoughtful, inspiring and, well, fun! HCAS has created this fundraising event in the same spirit: Bags and Beers Cornhole Tournament on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at Mary's Land Farm, 4979 Sheppard Lane, Ellicott City, MD. The event will be held RAIN OR SHINE!
It’s a game that can be played in a safe*, outdoor setting by players of all skill levels. It encourages team spirit, friendly competition, and camaraderie … things we all have been missing. It's perfect for both novice and experienced players. It’s a way for enthusiastic, forward-thinking businesses, organizations, and community members to show their support for the autism community. Best of all, the proceeds from the event will stay right here in Central Maryland, directly impacting the lives of local children and adults with autism. Our goal is to raise $60,000.
* We'll be observing all safety precautions for COVID-19 as recommended by the CDC at the time of the event.
How Do I Participate on May 21st?
There are two ways to participate:
1. Register as a Tournament Team of Two: Teams consist of two (2) members participating in a double elimination tournament conducted by Professional Cornhole Player, Chris Middleton, from the Atlantic Cornhole Conference. Novice and experienced players are welcome! Teams will be matched through a random process for bracket competition. There will be trophies for our 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and Most Spirited teams!
2. Join us as a Spectator: Not a cornhole player? Come out and enjoy the day, great company, music, and competition. We’ll have some boards set up for informal play!
Register today! Attendance is limited for teams and spectators. HCAS will supply all the regulation boards and bags used in the tournament. However, you may purchase a set of customized boards for the event during event registration. HCAS will make every effort to have customized boards ordered on or before April 14 to be available when bags fly on May 21.
What's Included in the Ticket Price?
Each participant (Team of Two or Spectator) will receive beverage and food coupons valued at $25 and a giveaway. Catering will be provided by Cured/18th & 21st with a menu that includes Pork/Chicken Sliders, Loaded Tots, chips, non-alcoholic beverages and yummy desserts. Beverage will include craft beer from Frisco's and their new brewery, The Reckless Shepherd, plus a selection of local wines for non-beer drinkers. Frozen desserts will be provided by The Cow.
What Other Ways Can I Win?
Even if you're not lucky in cornhole, HCAS is offering two other opportunities to win big. We are raffling off a Wheelbarrow of Cheer filled with beer, wine and a selection of liquor. The 50/50 Raffle offers the chance to win a minimum $500 cash prize! Raffle tickets are $20 each or 6 for $100. Raffle tickets can be purchased at the time of event registration, by visiting the Tournament Store, or on-site the day of the tournament.
Take Home a Customized Cornhole Board Set
HCAS is selling Customized Cornhole Board Sets as an add-on during event registration or by visiting the Tournament Store. Event participation is not required for purchase. ACL-regulation cornhole board sets with customized boards and 8 customized bags are available for $400. Pre-order by April 14, 2022 with your logo/artwork and have your customized board set for tournament play on May 21! For all other orders received after April 14, allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Howard County Autism Society.
Become a Sponsor!
Together, we can keep HCAS programs and services strong. Benefits of sponsorship include (based on level) recognition on the event website, social media, and event signage. For upper tier supporters, the sponsorship includes a customized cornhole board set.
Interested in becoming a SPONSOR?! To learn more about the sponsorship benefits and levels:
1. Visit the Bags and Beers HOW TO SPONSOR page
2. Download the SPONSORSHIP FORM or
3. Contact Melissa at email@example.com or call 410-290-3466
Make a Donation!
Can't join us on May 21 but want to support HCAS?
1. Make a donation to HCAS online at the Bags and Beers DONATION page or mail your donation check made payable to "HCAS" with "Bags and Beers" in the memo line to:
9770 Patuxent Woods Drive, Suite 308
Columbia, MD 21046
2. Visit the TOURNAMENT STORE and purchase some raffle tickets for the chance to win the 50/50 Raffle or the Wheelbarrow of Cheer, or order a customized cornhole board set to hone your cornhole skills for next year!
THANK YOU for your support of the autism community in Howard County and Central Maryland!
If you have any questions about this tournament, click the button below.
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.