In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional race information can be found at http://www.racemt.com.
Dear Friends of Race Montana and Burn the Bird,
We at Race Montana are looking forward to a great year in 2021.
Race Montana will continue to remain in close communication with the City-County Health Department in regards to the running of the Burn the Bird 2021. We have worked out guidelines that comply with the current group limits set forth by the State of Montana, and the City-County Health Department of Cascade County. I will outline our basic guidelines in detail for you in this correspondence. The guidelines for Burn the Bird may change over the year, so be looking for emails from RunSignUp highlighting guidelines for race day.
Here is how things will likely work again in 2021. The description below is how we ran our Burn the Bird in 2020. Be sure to check your inbox for emails from RunSignUp.com for final details before race day.
1. You will need to pick up your swag bag and race bib with a timing chip at packet pick-up the day before the event – no exceptions.
We are not planning to have packet pick-up on the day of the event in order to limit numbers in the start area.
Directions for Packet Pick up:
Race Montana Event Center
1301 11th Ave. South ~ Suite 3
Great Falls, Montana 59405
Wednesday, November 24, 2021: 4 to 7 pm.
2. The 10k will start at 8 am.
Here are your start times based on bib number:
i. 8:00 AM Start, Bibs 701-225
ii. 8:20 AM Start, Bibs 726-750
iii. 8:40 AM Start, Bibs 751-775
3. The 1.33-mile walk/run will start at 9 am.
Here are your start times based on Bib number:
i. 9:00 am Start, Bibs 801-825
ii. If we have more than 25 participants we will add another wave to start at 9:20.
4. The 5K will tentatively start at 9:20 am.
Here are your start times based on bib number:
i. 9:20 AM Start, Bibs 851-875
ii. 9:40 AM Start, Bibs 876-900
iii. 10:00 AM Start, Bibs 901-925
iv. 10:20 AM Start, Bibs 926-950
v. 10:40 AM Start, Bibs 951-975
vi. 11:00 AM Start, Bibs 976-1000
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ALREADY SIGNED UP FOR BTB, YOU CAN FIND YOUR BIB NUMBER AT: https://runsignup.com/Race/FindARunner/?raceId=14114
5. Please show up at the Start area NO EARLIER THAN 10 MINUTES prior to your designated start time. We cannot have more than 25 people in the start area.
6. Please stay in your car or completely away from the start/finish area until 10 MINUTES prior to your wave start time.
7. EVERYONE MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES WHILE IN THE PARKING AREA OF GIBSON PARK – NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MASK YOU CANNOT START YOUR EVENT.
8. YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP YOUR MASK IN PLACE UNTIL YOU START RUNNING OR WALKING.
9. NOTICE TO ALL 1.33 MILE WALKERS: YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP YOUR MASKS ON AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE COURSE.
10. There will be no observers or spectators allowed within the Gibson Park parking lot, or in and around the Start/Finish areas. Observers can position themselves along the course, but they will need to aggressively distance apart.
11. Once you have completed your event you will need to leave the area and return to your cars.
12. We will have individually wrapped snacks, water, and Gatorade at the finish area.
13. There will be one aid station on the 10k course near the turnaround point that will have individual water bottles.
14. If you are interested, here are the Event Course Maps:
a. 10K: https://legacy.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=605043
b. 5K: https://legacy.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=569904
c. 1.33 mile: https://legacy.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=595011
It is critical that you fully review and understand these guidelines as we need to follow them closely. We thank you for your support of Race Montana, Inc.
Dr. Ronald G. Ray
President Race Montana, Inc.
Co-Race Director, Burn the Bird
Benefis Foot and Ankle Clinic
Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
The race will start from Gibson Park (Park Drive North and 4th Avenue North), Great Falls, MontanaOpen in External Application
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.