In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Triathlon begins in the Town of Oyster Bay and takes you through surrounding towns. It begins with a 1/2 mile swim in calm Oyster Bay Harbor. Next, you will bike a one loop 12.3K, over hill and dale, thru beautiful Oyster Bay and Oyster Bay Cove. Fairly hilly but downhill and flat to the finish. Lastly, you will run a 5K thru Mill Neck and Brookville, "Up" to the Planting Fields Arboretum and back "Down" to Roosevelt Park. Town of Oyster Bay residents receive a $5 discount.
Shirts and a custom finisher medal for all participants!
• YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD TO COMPETE. (Youngsters between the ages of 8 and 13 are invited to compete on Saturday, August 28 in the Runner’s Edge-TOBAY Junior Triathlon!)
• YOU MUST BE BODY MARKED ON THE MORNING OF THE RUN PRIOR TO ENTERING THE WATER. (Save time by “self marking” your right calf, right shoulder and right hand with your race #, using a thick permanent
magic marker) Please note : Race Officials reserve the right to remove any participant from the swim (a) who in the unchallengeable judgement of the officials will not be able to finish the swim within thirty five minutes after the start of
the participant's assigned wave or (b) whose continuing participation in the swim, in the unchallengeable judgement of
the officials, might be dangerous to the participant ’s health or safety. Removal from the swim shall result in disqualification.
• YOU MUST WEAR THE BRIGHT COLORED SWIM CAP THAT WE PROVIDE!!
• YOU MUST RACK YOUR BIKE IN THE ASSIGNED NUMBERED SPOT.
• YOU MUST WEAR AN APPROVED HARD OR SOFT SHELL HELMET AT ALL TIMES WHILE ON THE BIKE, AND IT MUST BE STRAPPED BEFORE MOUNTING AND UNTIL AFTER DISMOUNTING!
• NO ASSISTANCE TO A COMPETITOR BY ANY OTHER PERSON IS ALLOWED.
• NO HEAD PHONES AT ANY TIME DURING THE COMPETITION!
• TEAM MEMBERS MUST STAY IN DESIGNATED TRANSITION AREA, ABSOLUTELY NO NON-COMPETITORS (FAMILY, FRIENDS, ETC.) WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE TRANSITION AREA AT ANY TIME!!!
• MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: PARTICIPANTS MUST PRACTICE GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP & BE COURTEOUS TO THE OTHER COMPETITORS AND THE EVENT STAFF AT ALL TIMES!!!
• PENALTY FOR FAILURE TO OBEY ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES = DISQUALIFICATION! THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED!
• Your bib number is your entry to the party
DIRECTIONS TO THEODORE ROOSEVELT MEMORIAL PARK
From the Northern State Parkway (Exit 35N) or the Long Island Expressway (Exit 41N), go north and bear RIGHT onto ROUTE 106. Take 106 north (2 lanes) and continue for about 4 miles. After crossing over Route 25A, Route 106 becomes one lane in each direction. Stay on 106 into the hamlet of Oyster Bay. Once in the hamlet go about 6 blocks and make a LEFT turn onto AUDREY AVENUE. Race site is about 4 blocks on your right. Please park in the OUTER parking lot (Fireman’s Field). Do NOT try to park in Roosevelt Park.
TRIATHLON GEAR CHECKLIST
· Tri shorts and Tri top or: Swim suit/running shorts/running top
· Swim Cap (provided by event)
· Wet Suit- OPTIONAL (Runner’s Edge in Farmingdale also offers rentals)
· Ear plugs/ nose clips- OPTIONAL
· Helmet- MANDATORY
· Bike Shoes (if using special pedals)
· Bike gloves- OPTIONAL
· Water Bottle for bike
· Running Shoes
· Hat or Visor for Run
· Air pump/tool kit/spare tube
· Towel for transition area
· First aid kit
· Body Glide (anti-chafing)
· Water/ Gu or other nutritional item
Merchandise Awards and Trophies:
TOP 10 OVERALL (M & F) + FIRST PLACE OVERALL RELAY TEAM
TOP 5 (M & F) MASTERS (40 plus)
Individual Age Groups, top five in each category:
14-18 (High School), 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+
Awards Ceremony will commence shortly after the final finisher crosses the finish line. Athletes are encouraged to stay for the awards or have someone pick up their award.
Awards will only be shipped post event if a pre paid postage envelope for 2 pounds is sent to the race organization within one week of the event. Please submit your request for award mailing via email to email@example.com.
Raffle will take place at the end of the awards ceremony, raffle tickets will be handed out to each athlete. You must be present at the raffle to win.
Please do NOT call Packet Pick-Up locations as they do NOT have information on the event.
You must have a Photo ID with you. This event is sanctioned by USATriathlon. If you are registering at packet pick up you must have a USAT card or plan to purchase a 1 day ($15) or annual membership ($50) at check in.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 25th
3:00-6:00pm: Packet Pick-Up, Runner’s Edge, TBD Huntington or Farmingdale
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27th
11:00 – 3:00pm: Packet Pick-Up, RACE SITE
Pick up your packet on race morning at the Transition Area for an additional $10. This option is available when you register for the event.*
Which will be posted on the EventPower Facebook page. Here you can comment, share, download and just have fun with your friends and Families.
All photos are FREE! You can also ask Ed of LIRP to take any special photos with your friends and family if you like.
All Facebook photo album links here.
The same photos will be posted here on RunSignUp, with the ability to search for your photos by bib# or name. Just click on the photos tab above, and select Facebook or RSU.
Or Click on this Photos link. Be sure to set the race year in the drop down box.
Bib Body Placement
Please Keep Your Bib# Clearly Visible Click Here for Directions
For the best results with photo tagging and searching, the photographers need to clearly see your bib# when taking photos. This will greatly improve your name & bib# photo search results.