In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Tyrone-Snyder Public Library & Camp Anderson are partnering up to present the 2nd Annual Zombie 5K!
This event will take place on Halloween weekend of the annual Camp Anderson Fear Fest.
Runners, walkers and zombies all welcome! What is a Zombie Run? Join us for a unique spin on a Halloween favorite. Family Fun Run for your life Zombie 5K, where zombies jump out at you along your run! Think of it as a Haunted Hayride just.... a race, well more appropriately.... a RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
Date: October 29th, 2022
Location: Camp Anderson - located at 1057 VanScoyoc Hollow Rd, Tyrone, PA 16686
$30 Now until 10/11 for a FREE shirt
$30 10/11 - 10/28
$35 Race Day Registration (10/29 between 8-8:30)
$15 Now until 10/11 for a FREE shirt
$15 10/11 - 10/28
$20 Race Day Registration (10/29 between 8-8:30)
Course: The course will be approx. 5K consisting of a loop around the grounds of Camp Anderson (Map detail to be released soon)!
What is a Zombie?
If you sign up as a "Zombie" you are NOT running in the 5K Race. You are being an active participant in the "Scaring" as runners make their way around the course. We recommend Zombies arrive by 8:20AM to ensure they can get to assigned location of race! No Zombie is allowed to make contact with Runner/Walker unless it is to pull their flags (see below).
What's included: T- Shirt (Guaranteed if you sign up by Oct 11)
Male & Female Overall Winner
Male & Female with ALL FLAGS at finish line: Children 12 & Under, Teens (13-18), Adults (18+)
Best Dressed Runner
Best Dressed Zombie
The Tyrone-Snyder Public Library and Camp Anderson Zombie 5k is meant to be a friendly competition between the living and the undead. Even in the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, there are some rules.
Please read them carefully. They are meant to keep you safe, the event fair, and everyone having fun.
Participants who cannot abide by the rules will be asked to leave the event.
1. Direct and deliberate physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly prohibited.
You are forbidden to touch, hit, punch, tackle, kick, slap, scratch, pinch, spit on, bite, trip
or do anything harmful to the physical health of our zombies or other runners. Those in
violation of this rule will be automatically removed from the race and potentially
escorted off of the grounds, without refund.
2. If you lose all your flags, you are NOT automatically turned into a zombie. You may not
take other runners’ flags, pick them up from the ground, take them from the zombies,
etc. Keep on running and cross the finish line anyway.
3. Flags are to be visible to course officials and zombies and to be worn on the sides of
your body. You may not tuck in or otherwise secure flags to your clothing other than by
use of the flag belt. Flags and bib numbers must be visible on runners at all times.
4. Runners must wear your bib on the front of your clothing. Runners will not be allowed
to race without an official bib.
5. Throughout the course there will be Zombie Zones that are infested with zombies, and
the runner must navigate through these areas maintaining their flags (lives).
6. You may not skip a Zombie Zone; there will be flag penalties.
7. Working with friends, family and strangers to outwit and outmaneuver the zombie
horde is encouraged! Use your smarts and skills to survive. For example, one may risk it
all and become the bait in order to help one of their friends reach the finish line alive.
8. Runners are encouraged to dress up (something other than a zombie so they don’t get
confused)! You may wear anything you like but you must be able to get a flag belt
around your waist and a race bib attached to your chest.
9. Zombies and runners must stay in the course boundaries as defined by organizers.
1. Zombies will be placed throughout the route in their “zone” but can only move at a
zombie pace in an attempt to capture a runner’s flag. There is to be no sprinting, no use
of physical forces and no obstructing the survivors from moving forward. Zombies must
remain in their zone during the event and cannot run along with the runners, but can
certainly give chase to runners for a few seconds while they are in a zone.
2. Zombies may only take one life (flag) off any individual while they are in the Zombie zone. If they attempt to take more than one, they could be removed from the event.
1. Any direct and deliberate physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly
prohibited. Shoving, pushing, defending your flag or any aggressive behavior will not be
tolerated. You will be immediately asked to leave the course if observed or reported by
participants, volunteers or staff.
2. No weapons of any kind, real or replica will be permitted on the premises.
3. No drugs or alcohol are permitted on the property.
4. No pets are allowed.
5. Participants and spectators must abide by all instructions given by the event organizers and event staff.
6. Photographers may be stationed along the course. Participants, zombies, spectators and
volunteers agree to our use of any images for the event.
7. There will not be an official timer provided at this event as it is about having a good time
for a great cause. Participants are welcome to time themselves if desired, and feel free
to walk or run.
8. Those who want to participate in the 5k but do not want to have to run from Zombies
will be given NO flags. Zombies are not allowed to interfere with those participants.
1. Remember, we are here to have fun and raise money for a good cause. Please be
respectful of those around you on and off the course. To reiterate: any direct and
deliberate physical contact with any runner or zombie is strictly prohibited.
2. Watch where you are going, even if you are running for your life! The course is rugged
and the weather may present additional demands. Volunteers will be designated for
areas of the course and can contact security or medical personnel if necessary.
3. Event staff will be on the grounds throughout the event. Participants and spectators must
abide by all instructions given from the race directors and race staff.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.