In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Tom and Nate Mauger are hosting a WVMTR Fun Run at Valley Falls State Park in August. The run is a moderately difficult 7.9 mile figure 8 loop with a single aid station in the middle. This course is at beautiful Valley Falls State Park just east of Fairmont, WV. Two Loops will be 25 K and a full four loops for the 50K. This race is free, but the tradition is to bring your own food to contribute to the aid station or to eat yourself given the COVID situation.
Joining WVMTR is not necessary to participate in this event, but we encourage you to support our events by becoming members. Yearly membership is only $10 and allows us to offer these wonderful free club events. Become a member today on our membership page.
There is no camping at Valley Falls State Park but there is at nearby Tygart Lake State Park.
Volunteers are greatly appreciated! Please notify the race director if you are able to volunteer for this event.
WAIT LIST: The current cap on this race is 25 participants in accordance with the Governor's rules on groups. If this is relaxed we will raise the cap. If you wish to be put on a waitlist please send a message to the race director.
Hygiene Safety Measures for Wild Turkey Fat Ass 50k/25k:
1. Runners will not be allowed to start the race if showing any outward signs of illness. Please do not show up if you’re sick, or if you may have been exposed to any person with symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
2. Runners are required to bring and wear a mask during check-in, and at all times in the start/finish area. Runners are required to carry a mask with them during the race. Runners are encouraged to wear a mask at aid stations.
3. Volunteers will wear masks throughout the race.
4. Both the 50k and 25k races will start at 8AM.
5. Runners are required to maintain at least 6 feet of separation in the start/finish area, at aid stations, and on the trails. If you’re breathing heavily, then maintain 10 feet separation. When passing another runner, the approaching runner should say “passing” and pass after the forward runner steps off the trail. On out-and-back portions of the course, passing runners should both step off the trail as they go by each other.
6. Individual servings of snacks in disposable containers, and sealed disposable water bottles will be available at aid stations. Individual servings of sports drink powder will be available for runners to add to their water if desired. Runners should put trash in trash cans before leaving the aid station; do not leave it on the ground.
7. Runners are encouraged to carry more food than normal between aid stations to help minimize time spent at the aid stations.
8. Runners are discouraged from lingering for an extended time around the finish line or picnic shelters to talk after the race.
9. Runners must sign a waiver (below) and bring it to packet pickup in order to participate. We will also have copies on hand for race day for signature. If you do not agree to any of these additional rules, do not attend.
Wild Turkey Fun Run
Saturday August 29, 2020
Participant Waiver for Race Registration
I know that running a trail race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in this event, including but no limited to: falls, physical contact with other participants, volunteers, race personnel, contract service providers, employees, and spectators including the potential the contraction of a communicable disease resulting from contact with other participants, volunteers, race personnel, contract service providers, employees, and spectators. I assume all risks including: the effects of the weather; high heat and/or humidity; freezing cold temperatures; traffic and the conditions of the road including surrounding terrain. I further agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, and I attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html. I assume all such risks being known, appreciated, and accepted by me.
I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers/strollers, roller skates or inline skates, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race, and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Wild Turkey Fun Run the], Valley Falls State Park, and the Road Runners Club of America, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. In addition, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 and/or other communicable diseases by participating in this event. I acknowledge that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 in connection with my participation in this event and personally assume this risk.
I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purposes. I understand that this event does not provide for refunds in the event of a cancellation, and by signing this waiver, I consent that I am not entitled to a refund if the event is cancelled before or during the event.
Parent’s Signature if under 18 years:
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.