In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto. If you still have issues after this, please contact us.
12th Annual 5K Run/ 1 Mile Walk for Judi's Place for Kids
Register by April 5 to guarantee your T-shirt! Professional chip timing by Appalachian Timing Group.
Online registration closes on Thursday, April 25. Registration fee is $35 on race day for 12 and older. Group Discount: Register for $20 when you have a group of 5 or more. Regular registration before the event is $25. Select a team captain and register today!
Spirit of the Race
To celebrate children in our community and build commitment to the fight against child abuse. We encourage everyone at the race to wear super hero costumes to show our support for children facing abuse. All proceeds from the race will benefit Judi’s Place for Kids to continue providing services which promote safety and justice, hope and healing for children with concerns of abuse. Judi's Place for Kids provides forensic interviews, victim advocacy, medical care, mental health therapy, public education, and Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA). Learn more about our services at www.JudisPlace.org.
The awards ceremony will begin following the race/walk. There will be no duplicate awards. Only the 5K will be timed. A 1 mile fun walk course is also available. A kids fun run will be held immediately after the race and before the awards ceremony.
Top 3 male & female ages 15 and up
Top 3 male & female ages 10-14
Top 3 male & female under age 10
Top 2 male & female participants of adult age divisions
Stroller category! Top two completing the 5K while pushing a stroller!
Note: For the safety of all participants, service animals only on the race course.
To register offline, please go to www.judisplace.org to download and print a brochure or call us at 606-437-7447 to request one.
LAST MINUTE INFO
We will have packet pick-up on Friday, April 26 at Pikeville City Park from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for those who registered by April 19. We will be in the concession trailer next to the Garfield House in the Pikeville City Park, right off of College Street.
- On race day, packet pick-up and same day registration (for your last minute friends) begins at 7:00 at Pikeville City Park near the Garfield House. Packet pick-up will be from the concession trailer. Same day registration will be at a table. Shake Senora/ Bootcamp packets will be at a table beside of the concession trailer.
- Groups should pick one person to pick up their packets from the concession trailer.
- Please plan to arrive in enough time to park and pick up your packet. Parking is available in the city parking garage on Hambley, along the streets in downtown, and in the Riverfill. Please be aware that several events are scheduled in downtown Pikeville for Saturday.
- We will work to start the event promptly at 9.
- If you are completing the 1 mile walk, please wait to line up until after the 5K participants begin the course. If you are walking the 5K course, please line up at the back of the runners. If you are walking the 5K, you will have a bib and be eligible for age division awards as applicable.
- We will have volunteers at each turn of each route. We will also have maps of each course available. The course maps are posted on the event Facebook page and event.
- We will have one water station on the course, which will be immediately after the turn onto the by-pass. This is approximately half-way point of the course. Water, bananas and other snacks will be available at the finish line.
- If you are completing the 5K and have already picked up your packet, be sure to bring your bib! We will have plenty of safety pins. Please only participate with the bib assigned to you. If any information is incorrect when you receive your bib, please visit same-day registration. This step is critical for accurate timing and awards for everyone!
- We will have a kids’ fun run (no registration required) at approximately 10:15, after the last 5K participants have crossed the finish line.
- If you have registered for the 5K and decide not to participate, please don't have your bib near the finish line of the event. You may return it or dispose of it.
- Please gather near the gazebo for race instructions and the National Anthem before the event. We will walk together to the starting line. Please do not begin until you hear the starting gun.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Like this page and invite your friends on Facebook.