8/19/2020: Reminder that while all members of a DMR team must register, only the total time of the 4 legs needs to be submitted (by one member). Thank you! :)
Hello Cambridge Running Club and Brighton Bangers runners!
Throughout the month of August, we will be holding a virtual dual meet consisting of 3 track events: the one mile (1609.34m), 3200m, and distance medley relay (1200m-400m-800m-1600m). The scoring will be different from a traditional track dual meet, so read below for the rules and details!
Feel free to reach out with any issues, questions, or concerns!
Cambridge Running Club: Shoko Okabe & Kyle Coffee
Brighton Bangers: Rachel Wilkinson & Jamison Bundy
- Registration is open until 11:59PM August 31, 2020.
- You may register for one or all of the events. You will have to register for each race individually.
- Registration for the One Mile & 3200m:
- Please select your designated club team during registration (i.e. Brighton Bangers or Cambridge Running Club)
- Registration for DMR:
- Captain of your DMR team must create a team during registration and all 4 runners of that team must join
- Precede the name of your relay team with either BB or CRC to allow the race organizers to easily differentiate between clubs
- DMR teams will not be co-ed
- Must be a continuous run without pause between 12:00AM August 1, 2020 and 11:59PM August 31, 2020.
- Times must be submitted by 11:59PM August 31, 2020.
- Must be run on a track. Now that tracks are opening up, we decided to make it mandatory to create an even playing field.
- Please check the distance of the track. Most should be 400m.
- One mile is 1609.34m, not 1600m. There should be a one mile start line on most traditional tracks.
- An individual cannot run for multiple DMR teams
Relay legs can and are encouraged to be run separately. However, all 4 runners of a DMR team must run within a 48 hour time frame. Which 48 hour time frame is up to the team
- Please abide by the current social distancing guidelines of the area you are running in
- Go to "Results" at the top of the race page and click "Submit Virtual Results"
- You may re-submit your time as many times as you'd like during the month of August
- If you signed up for multiple events, please make sure you submit times for the correct event.
- Only 1 individual from each distance medley team must submit their team's time
- Submitting times is based on an honor system. Please post accurate results. Round your time to the nearest second.
- 5:00.4 = 5:00
- 5:00.5 = 5:01
- Female and male results will be scored separately, making a total of 6 races.
- Top 5 male and top 5 female runners from each team (i.e. 5 CRCers, 5 Brighton Bangers) will be scored for the one mile and 3200m.
- 1st: 10 points
- 2nd: 9 points
- 3rd: 8 points
- 4th: 7 points
- 5th: 6 points
- 6th: 5 points
- 7th: 4 points
- 8th: 3 points
- 9th 2 points
- 10th: 1 point
- Top 3 male and top 3 female relay teams from each club team will be scored for the DMR
- 1st: 12 points
- 2nd: 10 points
- 3rd: 8 points
- 4th: 6 points
- 5th: 4 points
- 6th: 2 points
- Total club team scores will be calculated to decide who the overall winner of the dual meet at the conclusion of the race