Spring into the season with 4RUN3! Looking to get back into running, to start running, or to maintain your fitness with moderate miles? Then this program is for you! ALL levels of runners, run/walkers, and walkers are welcome!
- Two "tracks" will be offered:
- The 5K track, which starts at 1 mile and maxes out at 4 miles
- The 10K track, which starts at 3 miles and maxes out at 6 miles
- Each group session will feature two routes, one for each track.
- Participants can start in whichever track they like and can switch back and forth as needed.
- Training begins Thursday, 4/8/21
- Group sessions on Thursdays @ 6:00 PM and Sundays @ 9:00 AM
- All group sessions will begin and end at 4RUN3, located at 78 Center Square in East Longmeadow.
- We are in the process of organizing a REAL race, which will (hopefully) be approved and open to all.
- The race will tentatively be held on June 12th or 13th at a location TBA.
- The race will include both a 5K and a 10K option.
- This race will be used to raise funds for a local cause that is near and dear to our hearts (also TBA).
- 4RUN3 training program members will get first dibs on registration and will get a special discount!
- 5K participants should be able to comfortably run, run/walk, or walk 1 mile.
- 10K participants should be able to comfortably run, run/walk, or walk 3 miles.
- Route maps with turn-by-turn directions provided.
- Additional navigation support available using RunGo app.
- All members will receive a program packet with suggested training schedule(s), optional strength training routines, recommended stretching routines, and more.
- 3-4 workouts per week recommended (2 with group) plus 1-2 days of cross training (optional, but recommended).
- Coaching will be done through a combination of videos (posted on private Facebook group) and in person sessions.
- Coaching focus is on injury prevention, improving efficiency, and mental strategies.
- All workouts begin with dynamic stretching to warm up and help avoid injury.
- Recommended post-run stretching routine provided.
Registration Fee Includes:
- two group meetings per week
- training schedule (one for each track)
- 4RUN3 Running Club membership
- customized program technical shirt
- detailed route maps
- team support and encouragement
- weekly training eNewsletter
- and more!
Online Registration Instructions:
- Click on the "SIGN UP" button and complete the registration process.
- About a week before the program starts, registered members will receive a link to our private Facebook group and a pdf version of the program training packet (hard copies available on request).in pdf form (hard copy available upon request) and will be emailed to group members prior to start of program.