North Reading, MA US 01864
Thanksgiving Morning, Thursday, November 23, 2023 8:00 am (rain or shine) Maximum Entries Accepted = 1500 Runners
Sponsored by the North Reading Hornet Hall of Fame Committee.
Proceeds will support 2 scholarships for deserving graduating seniors at NRHS who have participated in the running programs and benefit the North Reading Middle/High School sports program.
5k RACE and 1.75 Mile WALK - both start and finish at the same spot and time.
The event will begin promptly at 8:00 AM. We ask that all participants who are walking to please use the shorter course. The event needs to be done by 9:00 AM in order to be cleaned up and ready for the Thanksgiving Day football game featuring NRHS and Lynnfield, which is played at 10:30 AM.
Race/Walk will start and finish in Ipswich River Park, Central Street
NEW NORTH READING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CHALLENGE!!!
Each school will work to meet the challenge of having 20% of the student body participate on race day.
Each school can earn extra points for having a participant finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd place in your age group.
Pre-register by midnight, 11/5, for lower registration fees & GUARANTEED size for long-sleeve performance t-shirt
(shirts not guaranteed if registering after 11/5/2023)
10 and Under, 11 – 13, 14 – 18, 19 – 29, 30 – 39, 40 – 49, 50 – 59, 60 – 69, 70 and Over
5k RACE PRIZES
Overall winners of the female and male divisions awarded the Frederick A. Keyes Memorial Award at the end of the race!
Top 2 female/male in all age categories along with the top 2 families (families of 4 runners) win prizes!
Prizewinners will be notified by email/mail.
PRE-RACE BIB PICK UP – North Reading Middle/High School Cafeteria, 189 Park Street Tuesday, 11/21 (4:00 – 7:00 PM)
A food drive for the North Reading Food Pantry will be held by the North Reading Middle School Early-Act Club
Donations accepted during pre-race number pick-up. Check the NR Food Pantry website for needed items: http://www.nrfoodpantry.org/
Students: $20 Pre- registration (through 11/5/2023) $25 Registration (11/6/2023 and later)
Adults: $30 Pre- registration (through 11/5/2023) $35 Registration (11/6/2023 and later)
Family (4-Maximum): $70 Pre- registration (through 11/5/2023) $75 Registration (11/6/2023 and later)
STROLLERS ARE WELCOME!
PLEASE - NO DOGS OR BIKES! There are so many youngsters due to the Elementary School Challenge and not all people are as comfortable around dogs as you may be. Bikes can be unstable, and the roads are NOT closed to traffic.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
In appreciation for their support, we hope you support their business, and when you do, make sure you mention you heard about them from the North Reading Turkey Trot ! ! !
(Clicking the link below will direct you to the Sponsor’s website.)
The Keyes Family
The Carucci Family
Lady Di's Barbershop
Pre-Race Pick Up
1. Pre-race pick up is Tuesday, November 21, 4:00 - 7:00 PM, at North Reading MS/HS, 189 Park Street.
- Enter the school campus at the scoreboard end of the football field, drive up the hill to the parking area behind the school where you will park. Enter the school building by the fitness center. There will be signage inside directing you to the Middle School cafeteria.
2. PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR BIB NUMBER. We will be distributing bibs in the approximate order you registered (not alphabetically). We will have rosters should you forget.
3. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HAVE A FRIEND PICK UP FOR YOU if you cannot make it to the school personally. Make your life a little less stressful Thanksgiving morning by doing your best to pick up the bib and pins on Tuesday. It is easier to put the bib on at home and arrive ready to run.
4. You will be asked to confirm which event you are participating in – 5k or WALK when checking out.
Families may have some members competing in the 5k and some doing the walk. This is okay and can be rectified with the timing company.
You may change from the event you originally registered for – moving to the 5k or to the Walk.
Other things to check will be age and gender.
Youngsters that were registered as part of the family but will be riding in strollers should be entered in the walk. There is an Under-10 Age Group in the 5k race. Registering in the walk allows us to get an accurate count of participants on race day but will not affect award presentation.
It is important to get all this information correct for the awards earned by the 5k participants.
All of these changes should be made BEFORE race day.
5. Be sure to wear the bib assigned to you. Certainly, it can happen if you have picked up a bunch of bibs for family and friends, they can get mixed up. This will affect the posted results.
6. If you have a friend, or family member, that did not register yet, we will accept late registrations Tuesday only. Registration will be on-line so no cash will be accepted. There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
7. T-shirts will be available for pick up Tuesday for all pre-registered participants – guaranteed sizes for those that registered before November 6. For those that signed up after that date you will be able to choose from remaining shirts on a first come-first served basis. The shirt size you requested will be noted on the label affixed to your bib when you pick it up. If you desire to switch shirt sizes, you will have to choose from what is left over in the first come-first served collection.
8. The bibs, along with the remaining shirts, will be available on race day at the gazebo inside Ipswich River Park starting at 6:45 AM if you cannot get there Tuesday evening.
9. The bibs should be worn where they are visible on race day. Attire for the race should be weather appropriate, please dress for the weather forecasted for Thanksgiving morning.
10. The NRMS Early Act Club is conducting a can/food drive for the North Reading Food Pantry Tuesday evening. Please consider donating items of need as we enter the holiday season. A few of the things that are needed: hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, and pasta to name a few.
- Check out the website www.nrfoodpantry.org for other ideas to donate.
Race Day Logistics and Parking
THE EVENT WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 8:00 A.M., PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY ENOUGH TO GET TO THE START LINE BEFORE 8:00 A.M.
Please consider carpooling to the event. Drop off will be directly behind the Recreation Center on Central Street, you will be able to drive in, drop off, and pull right back out on to Central Street.
The main entrance to IRP will be closed before the race to allow people to access the gazebo safely before the race if needed. Entrance to IRP by vehicle will be by the Recreation Center (white Cape-style house). See the attached PDF for a map showing where parking will be available. On race day, volunteers will be inside Ipswich River Park directing drivers to parking spots. It may take you some time to park so please do not wait until the last minute to arrive at IRP.
If bibs and shirts were not picked up on Tuesday evening at the pre-race pick up, they will be available at the gazebo inside Ipswich River Park starting at 6:45 A.M.
The start/finish line will be in the paved parking area of IRP. At 7:45 A.M. participants will be asked to begin moving down the path by the gazebo, heading toward the back section of IRP (where the tennis courts are). This will allow folks to enter the starting chute in an orderly fashion, moving to the START line in preparation for the race to head out toward Central Street via the main entrance to the park.
Click the icon below to download the attached PDF.