In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Matzohball 5k and Howard County Family Wellness Day are bringing our community together to make wellness a priority. COVID will not stop us on Sunday, June 6, 2021, from putting on our running shoes, stepping outside and being together in spirit for the 17th Annual Matzohball 5K! On that day, even though we are virtual, we will be together, running, walking, making our health and the health of our community a priority!
In addition to offering both the Matzohball 5K run/walk and 1 Mile run at no cost to participants, Temple Isaiah will be giving 100% of all donations made through the sign-up registration process on this website to the following three charities: Grass Roots, Dream Builders and Hope Works ($65,000 in donations in past 5 years!). You can walk or run your own personal 5K or 1 mile course anywhere; all we ask is that you continue to maintain safe physical distancing as you run.
You can also use the RaceJoy app on your 5K to enhance your experience with real time tracking and cheers! Connect your FitBit, Apple Watch, running app, or other device and even upload your results to be posted on our site!
But you can choose to run or walk any day or time, starting with the 9am official start on Sunday, June 6th right up through the following Sunday, June 13th.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.
Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers!
We are providing you with RaceJoy as part of the official race experience for the FREE - Matzohball 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run - 2021.
Download the RaceJoy mobile app in advance to ensure proper phone setup. Invite your friends and family to track you and send you cheers!
Some key RaceJoy features include:
Printable digital race bib
Printable digital finisher certificate
Race results in searchable format
Satisfaction of virtually racing with your friends
Satisfaction of focusing on your health
Race shirt available for additional cost. Shirt will be mailed to you! Deadline to order shirts is May 16th.
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience.
1. Register Online– click on the “Register Now” button.
2. Recruit Friends– we want to see how many areas of the country we can get people involved, but we need your help!
3. Train– you will have several weeks to train before race weekend. Good luck and get at it!
4. Pre-Race Communication– we will send you information as we get closer to race weekend to help you get ready and to learn how to submit your results.
5. Digital Bib– print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
6. Sign in on Sunday, June 6th for the special pre-race zoom Opening Ceremony & official race start. Once the race starts, we will remain live on zoom from Matzohball 5k headquarters till 10:30am. You will receive a link to sign-in well in advance
7. Race Week– it’s time! Use the RaceJoy app and get out there and run or walk your registered distance.
8. Submit Results– if you use RaceJoy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
9. Submit Photos– from your run showing your bib.
10. Results Posted– results will continue to update through June 13th!
Results are available for this race! You will be given the option, during registration, to “opt-in” to receive either text or email notifications. This will be the first step to be able to submit your time, after you complete your race, to get your results published. You will submit your time (HH:MM:SS format) through a text or email, and it will automatically upload to the results. This race also offers the gps tracking of RaceJoy for the 5K. Information will be shared with you on how to use this feature. There is no additional cost to use RaceJoy. Check out this short video to see how RaceJoy works. If you choose to use the RaceJoy gps tracking app your results will upload automatically. Since there is no way to ensure accuracy or a fair comparison of times submitted, the results will only be used to capture your time, proof of participation and for bragging rights! Results will be displayed as “overall” with the ability to drill down to your “age group”. Submitting your time for results is optional.
Anywhere! We are virtual this year.Open in External Application
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.