In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Additional virtual race information can be found at https://www.pinkribbonfrederick.org/event/20205k/.
For the health and safety of our participants and our community, the 2020 Pink Ribbon 5K will be a virtual event. Register online to run or walk anytime between October 9 – 11. You’ll be able to run on your own time and on your own trail, route or even your treadmill! In addition, every participant will be provided with access to RaceJoy, an interactive race app that delivers real-time performance information and allows your family and friends to virtually cheer you on before, during and after the race. This virtual event is designed to inspire you to support the cause while having fun with your friends and family! The event will take place over three days to give you the flexibility to complete your run or walk when it is best for you.
If you have any questions about this virtual race, click the button below.Questions?
● Early Bird registration: $25 (after August 15th: $30)
● T-shirts: Official 2020 Pink Ribbon 5K t-shirts are not included in this year’s registration fee. T-shirts and other merchandise will be available to order online – https://stores.bjscustomcreations.com/hurwitz-breast-cancer-fund/shop/home Shirts must be ordered by September 15th.
● Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable
● Access to RaceJoy app to keep you and your friends motivated and entertained during your run/walk
● Printable digital race bib
● Registration is open until Friday Oct. 9
Survivors who register will be given a special survivor t-shirt, courtesy of Chris and Lori Hesen, Survivorship Sponsors. Please visit the t-shirt site and indicate you are a survivor. Your shirt will be shipped to you at no charge.
Here are the easy steps to follow to get the most out of your virtual experience:
1. Register Online –and don’t forget to “opt-in” to receive text or email notifications and to include your “virtual” running location.
2. Recruit Friends & Family to Form a Team — Compete with other teams for 1) most team members, 2) most states represented and 3) most dollars raised for the cause
3. Digital Bib – print your race bib to wear during your run or walk.
4. Race Weekend – it’s time! Use the RaceJoy app and get out there and run or walk the 5K.
5. Submit Results – if you use RaceJoy your time will automatically upload to results. If not you will get a text or email to submit your results.
6. Submit Photos – from your run or walk showing your bib and share on the Facebook event page.
7. Have Fun!
Now is your chance to include friends and family from all over the world to support your efforts! Come up with a team name, invite your friends and family to join you on your walk or run. Encourage your team to fundraise for the cause; awards will be given to the Top Team Fundraiser and the Top Individual Fundraiser. Be sure that your team members enter your team name during registration.
Results are available for this race! You will be given the option during registration to “opt-in” to receive either text or email notifications. This will be the first step to be able to submit your time, after you complete your race, to get your results published. You will submit your time (HH:MM:SS format) through a text or email, and it will automatically upload to the results. Since there is no way to ensure accuracy or a fair comparison of times submitted, the results will only be used to capture your time, proof of participation and for bragging rights! Results will be displayed as “overall” with the ability to drill down to your
“age group”. Submitting your time for results is optional.
The Hurwitz Breast Cancer Fund was established in 1999 by Jeff and Patty Hurwitz, after Patty’s diagnosis of breast cancer. Believing that early diagnosis was the key to Patty’s successful outcome, the goal of the fund has been to provide the most innovative options in early detection and treatment of breast cancer.
Contributions from the Fund benefit Frederick Health and are helping save lives here in Frederick County. Every dollar donated to the Fund is used for direct patient benefit; there are no administrative costs.
Over the past 20 years, more than $2 million has been provided through community support for the fund and its event
We are excited to bring you GPS tracking through Race Joy. This is an optional feature that you must choose to opt into at no additional cost. Participants will receive mileage updates and fun cheers while using Race Joy. Spectators will be able to see where you/your youth athlete are at all times during their race and can send cheers to the athlete. Start by downloading the app, Race Joy, on your phone and finding the race.
Click HERE for a video highlight Race Joy and how it works!
NOTE: Participants will need to carry a cell phone while completing the virtual event.
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your virtual race experience.